Anybody who has done Discover or Beginners Scuba in Roatan???

vik61

What is the dive operation that carnival uses or... What is a good company to use for the course. I'm on the dream on december 8th and I am certified but my girlfriend is not and she wants to try this course. I want to ensure she is in good hands on this excursion. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a blast.

Here is my link to the discover scuba in Roatan.

They were great. The water was some of the clearest I've seen. We did the discover scuba off of the Wall at Grand Turks and Roatan may not be colorful but we seen a lot more fish. It was the best thing we did on all the islands.

I think out of 16 people only one person couldn't clear his ears. You are set with 4 people per instructor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1647221

We used Carnival at Roatan. The company they use is the same place all the dolphin excursion are held. I'm sorry but I forgot the resort name. The boats were nice and the class room was vary clean and large. That made me feel a little more comfortable.

The dolphins live at Anthony's Key Resort. It is a huge place with a fleet of dive boats.

Were it me I would contact several of the dive shops to see what they can sort out for you. I went out snorkeling (pics here) with a dive boat from Anemona Divers in West Bay last March. A family of three were from a cruise ship and doing the discover scuba. They had two dive master with them and when they returned to the boat all they could talk about was truly learning to dive.

I am a fan of the smaller operations, it is a far more personal experience.

By the by ~ My guess is Foster's West Bay could sort the transportation for you.

I would have to agree, that most of the time I like privite tours. I did a privite tour in Grand Turks (Discover Scuba) and I felt a lot more safe with the tour in Roatan. But if you can get 2 dive masters with only 3 beginner divers, I would take those odds any day.

You'll have a great time in Roatan know matter who you use. The water is so clear at 35 ft. I can just say that the crew at Anthony's Key Resort were vary professional and most of the divemasters we were with, were from the US.

Archived