Just Stingray Island - can you go there w/out a tour or snorkel bundle?

superflyjeff

My family only wants to go to Stingray Island. Is it possible to get a tour ship or private? 2 of my kids can't snorkel so it's a was of money and time, since we'll have to sit on the boat during multiple stops.

We're sailing on Carnival Paradise if that helps at all. I appreciate any feedback and / or any suggestions on who you could possibly book this sole trip to see the Rays!

Thanks so much,

jeff

You will need a tour boat to take you out to the stingrays. If you book a private boat it will undoubtedly cost much more.

Most stingray tours make at least one additional stops for snorkeling, usually 15 to 30 minutes.

I don't know if your ship has it, but ours has the "Deluxe Stingray City" excursion. It is a special boat (handicap accessible or good for maybe physically fragile people) that has steps leading down straight onto the sandbar.

Anyway, it goes to the sandbar and then straight back- no snorkeling. We booked it, as we are pressed for time that day and did not want to snorkel, either. $50 per person on our cruise.

Archived