NCL WIND - Need advice and Help

djr59

We are booked on NCL WIND for 11 nights for a Honeymoon in June. We will spend 4 nights in Honolulu first. I have read alot of posts here and I am confused as to what is preferred to do. So I am asking all you experts that have done it. What should we see, should we book excursions throught NCL, shoudl we rent cards, where should we rent, what excursions are a must do, etc. Thanks to all in advance.

and had the best time of my life. We stayed in Wakkiki for two days and I would recommend doing Pearl Harbor of course, but get there early, like around 7am. We didn't rent a car and saw so much. I would say definetly eat at Orchids, it's at one of the hotels in Wakkiki, I don't know the number but you can do a search for it on Google.com. It was unbelivable. You want to make 6pm dinner reseravations b/c it's around when the sun sets and ask for a seat on the Terrace, it is so beautiful. After we walked up the beach and saw all the Luas going on, it was amazing. I would say if you are there for 4 days to rent a car. There is so much to do, we went to the Polonesian Cultural Center and I loved it. The guy who does the show for Somoa was hysterical. I also recommend asking the locals for the best spots to swim. We found the best places by asking the locals.

Have a great time and enjoy it, I don't have one complaint about the whole trip, it was the best 2 weeks of my life.

Hi.

We're also going on cruise in Hawaii and will stay at Honolulu. We were planning to see the Pearl Harbour on the day the cruise gets back, on a Sat. The advise is to get there early, 7am. The cruise ship gets in at 7am, and I heard it'll be at least 9am before we can expect to desembark (we're booked in the cheapest outside cabin). We then need to rent a van, check the luggages into the hotel, before heading back to Pearl Harbour.

It may be past 10am when we get to the Arizona Memorial. Is the line going to be really long then?

Thanks a lot.

I have read alot of posts here and I am confused as to what is preferred to do. So I am asking all you experts that have done it. What should we see, should we book excursions throught NCL, shoudl we rent cards, where should we rent, what excursions are a must do, etc. Thanks to all in advance.

I suggest going to the Hawaii board - There is a ton of information on it about the actual islands and what is best to do on each.

When we went to Oahu, we rented a car (Enterprise) and visited Pearl Harbor and the Poly Cultural center. The day we went to Pearl Harbor was very busy. School buses everywhere and huge lines. Make sure you give yourself one day for this excursion. Also, one full day at the Poly Cultural Center.

Archived