Carnival Dream

SweetPea528

Hello all you happy cruisers!

I am going on my second cruise this August this summer, 08/11/2012 -- Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

anyone who has cruised on this boat give a review of the ship.

also, is there is any cool beach bars in St. Thomas we should check out.

thanks!!!

I will tell you this about the Dream. You will either love it or hate it. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween. Lots of people have complained about there being too many people onboard while others say it isn't crowded at all. You best bet is to go with an open mind and decide for yourself.

I will tell you this about the Dream. You will either love it or hate it. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween. Lots of people have complained about there being too many people onboard while others say it isn't crowded at all. You best bet is to go with an open mind and decide for yourself.

Yep, lots of people aboard, but with just a LITTLE bit of common sense, and planning, you can avoid 95% of the crowds. Don't try to be the first person off the ship in ports. Don't go to the buffet at 12 noon, don't wander into the theater 5 minutes before showtime, and expect to get 5th row center, etc., etc. Don't be shocked by the crowds at the Lido Deck, and the buffet on embarkation day. Remember that no body can get into their cabin until about 1:30 so they are ALL on the Lido Deck, and in the buffet when they board.

I personally LOVE the "Dream", and we'll be doing our 3rd "Dream" cruise next month!

"SKY"

Or try the excursion over to St. Johns Trunk Bay, this has to be the best beach.

We did this excursion a few years back. Although Truck bay is absolutely stunning....we felt very rushed. We love snorkelling, and they have a snorkel map I guess you call it where they have placed information and pictures on the bottom of the ocean on cement blocks, with bobbers attached so you know where to snorkel.

St. Thomas has beautiful beaches....love Megan's Bay!;);)

Agree with Megan's Bay being awesome. You can walk out with the water up to your neck and still see your feet. The ride there and back is neat also and they stop several times for photo ops.:cool:

Megan's Bay is beautiful! Try the drink called the "Bushwhacker" simply delicious. Going to be cruising in Jan. and one of our stops is St. Thomas. We will once again do the Godfrey tour. Great tour and great price. Tour is sightseeing, shopping and beach.( of course, Megan's Bay) You have a choice of three beaches Godfrey will drop you off at and pick you up to return to the ship.;):p:)

Yep, lots of people aboard, but with just a LITTLE bit of common sense, and planning, you can avoid 95% of the crowds. Don't try to be the first person off the ship in ports. Don't go to the buffet at 12 noon, don't wander into the theater 5 minutes before showtime, and expect to get 5th row center, etc., etc. Don't be shocked by the crowds at the Lido Deck, and the buffet on embarkation day. Remember that no body can get into their cabin until about 1:30 so they are ALL on the Lido Deck, and in the buffet when they board.

I personally LOVE the "Dream", and we'll be doing our 3rd "Dream" cruise next month!

"SKY"

Just got back Saturday. First Cruise and I loved it. Even though it rained at almost every port, I was completely satisfied. My only complaint is that they need to redecorate. lol! But the ship is still very nice, the food is good. The service I had was great. Always something to do. Enjoyed the Lanai, there are a lot less people on this deck. I can't wait for our next cruise.

Archived