question for hotwire/priceline aficionados

lovetovak

There is a four star hotel in the ft lauderdale/las olas downtown area on hotwire for $114. with an 85% rating. Anyone know what it might be? also 4 star beach for $128 with a 95% rating. Anyone?

You might as well learn the procedures in identifying hotels. ;)

Go to http://betterbidding.com . Now find Florida. Now find HOTWIRE HOTEL LISTS Now find the Fort Lauderdale hotels in the location and star level you are looking for. ta dah You will be narrow down the possibliities by comparing the amentities to the listed hotels.

If you need more help, come on back! It's good to figure out how to do this for your future travels.

There is a four star hotel in the ft lauderdale/las olas downtown area on hotwire for $114. with an 85% rating. Anyone know what it might be? also 4 star beach for $128 with a 95% rating. Anyone?

try betterbidding.com

You might as well learn the procedures in identifying hotels. ;)

Go to http://betterbidding.com . Now find Florida. Now find HOTWIRE HOTEL LISTS Now find the Fort Lauderdale hotels in the location and star level you are looking for. ta dah You will be narrow down the possibliities by comparing the amentities to the listed hotels.

If you need more help, come on back! It's good to figure out how to do this for your future travels.

Oops! Great minds think alike! :)

Does anyone know how to be certain that it is

The Westin Diplomat ?

It seems the Marriott ,Crowne Plaza and Westin all have the same descriptions,

All help appreciated

Thanks

The Westin Diplomat ?

All help appreciated

Thanks

You are looking under Hollywood here. Is that what you want?

Westin Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood , 4 stars, will show it as 95% customer approval and Crowne Plaza I believe shows 80 or 85%. I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting the Marriott lately. But I don't look off season. The Westin Beach location is the nicest in our opinion. We have stayed at Crown Plaza too and it was nice, but not as "classy" as Westin. We'd stay there again too.

The Westin Diplomat ?

All help appreciated

Thanks

the westin diplomat and crowne plaza are in hollywood. the westin is in ft lauderdale usually with a 90% rating and in the description usually says...childrens activities. the westin diplomat will say hollywood usually with a rating of 95% and in the description ....spa services. the crowne plaza is also in hollywood with a rating of 85%.

hope this helps...what dates are you looking at?

Hi,

I just got the Westin for Feb 22nd /13 a Friday night,

for $130 total, Plus Tax. And it is the Beach Location

Needless to say I am well pleased with this.

Way to go Priceline. First bid of $100 was refused told me to bid $150 bid $125 and got it. (+ $5Cancellation Insurance)

The Westin Diplomat ?

All help appreciated

Thanks

The Westin Diplomat usually (usually) has the 95% rating, and the Crowne 85%. (did I mention "usually"?)

I just got the Westin Beach as the unnamed 4* Beach on Hotwire for $128.00 for January 24-26,2013. If the amenities states "Children's Activities" chances are it's the Westin Beach, as it's not the "W". As suggested, check out betterbidding.

This thread is going in difffernt directions...just so people don't get confused..the Westin DIPLOMAT is in Hollywood Beach. The Westin is in Ft. Lauderdale. Both are beach locations.

The Westin Diplomat has a golf club location also in Hollywood. That hotel is sometimes assigned on Priceline. There is a shuttle that will take you the short drive over to their beach location to use those amenitites too.

Hi,

I just got the Westin for Feb 22nd /13 a Friday night,

for $130 total, Plus Tax. And it is the Beach Location

Needless to say I am well pleased with this.

Way to go Priceline. First bid of $100 was refused told me to bid $150 bid $125 and got it. (+ $5Cancellation Insurance)

is this the westin in ft lauderdale or the westin diplomat in hollywood? both are on the beach but are 2 different hotels.

Could be the Riverside. That's what we got when we bid for downtown. After I got it I thought SHOOT should have asked for cruise port.....but this hotel gets good reviews and it will be something a little different for us.

is this the westin in ft lauderdale or the westin diplomat in hollywood? both are on the beach but are 2 different hotels.

Sorry, it was the Westin Diplomat on the beach at Hollywood.

This will be our 4th time here.it is a fabulous hotel.

Sorry, it was the Westin Diplomat on the beach at Hollywood.

This will be our 4th time here.it is a fabulous hotel.

do you think that you can post what the amienities are being shown for the westin diplomat on hotwire? also the % rating and the location? we have the westin diplomat booked for feb also but at a higher rate and would cancel it and go thru hotwire if it's cheaper, so far i'm not even seeing the westin diplomat in hollywood beach at all for feb 13-16, 2013.

do you think that you can post what the amienities are being shown for the westin diplomat on hotwire? also the % rating and the location? we have the westin diplomat booked for feb also but at a higher rate and would cancel it and go thru hotwire if it's cheaper, so far i'm not even seeing the westin diplomat in hollywood beach at all for feb 13-16, 2013.

Feb is busy and you probably will not find anything for those dates. But... you can keep watching. ;) Look for 95% approval. Hollywood Beach - 4 star. It is the only hotel with that approval.

The amenities listed change a little occasionally. See post #6 here and use that link to check out the amenities for the Hollywood hotels

Feb is busy and you probably will not find anything for those dates. But... you can keep watching. ;) Look for 95% approval. Hollywood Beach - 4 star. It is the only hotel with that approval.

The amenities listed change a little occasionally. See post #6 here and use that link to check out the amenities for the Hollywood hotels

yea i know feb is busy, but last year we got the westin diplomat on the beach for $103.00 a night!!!!!! it was a steal!!!

yea i know feb is busy, but last year we got the westin diplomat on the beach for $103.00 a night!!!!!! it was a steal!!!

We paid $115 at the end of this past Jan., but only because it was a Sunday -Weds. The weekend dates we wanted were not avail on Hotwire. To avoid spending $300 a night on the Fri and Sat. we spent a couple nights at the Crowne Plaza across the street which was fine.

Seems we found that price in the previous August. So yep, keep your eyes open. Hotels are doing so much better again this year that to find great deals at premium properties on weekends is really a challenge.

Hi

I got it on Priceline, I bid $125 I also took out the cancellation insurance

costs $5, the other 4* hotels in the Hollywood beach area are

Crowne Plaza and the Marriott on the beach.

The total was $153 inc tax.

The rack rate for Feb 22nd is $400+

Good luck

I have been trying to locate the Hyatt Place FLL South on Hotwire. I have been trying to narrow it down. Does anyone know the exact specifications needed to get this hotel. Thanks in advance!

I have been trying to locate the Hyatt Place FLL South on Hotwire. I have been trying to narrow it down. Does anyone know the exact specifications needed to get this hotel. Thanks in advance!

Use betterbidding.com and see if its on the hotwire list of hotels. Here is the link to Florida hotels. Find Ft. L and see if you spot it on the area lists.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67

Archived