Weather...Oct. In Jamaica/ Grand Cayman

AlvinsMom

I'm taking a cruise at the very beginning of Oct to Key West Florida, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. What is the weather going to be like? I want to start looking at new clothes for it! Is it really hurricane season like everyone says. I told my bf it wasn't when I booked the cruise because I really wanted to go. :)

Our first cruise was in October to those 2 ports and it was wonderful. Although we almost had to miss Grand Cayman due to a storm. The weather was still very hot in October and the ports were perfect! As mentioned it is still hurricane season, but here's hoping that the weather stays clear for your cruise! :D

We cruise every year in Sept. or Oct. As long as you don't mind if your ports of call are changed or cancelled due to weather, price wise it is the best time to cruise.

Even if a hurricane occurs, unless it is happening on the day of of embarkation close to you port, the ship will sail somewhere. We always buy trip insurance just in case but have never had to use it due to weather.

Weather in the Carribean is always warm. We also sail every spring anywhere from Feb. to May. (Avoid April as it is spring break time and very kid and young adult intensive.) I would hesitate to travel to the Bahamas in early spring though as it is still cold at times. I always wear jeans and bring a jacket to Florida on our spring cruises as well as Florida is sometimes unpredictable.

That being said, remember I live in AZ and have very thin blood. Anything below 70 degrees is chilly for me.

Archived