Looking forward to the Armonia

debsjc

We took the plunge yesterday and booked the Armonia for June. To be honest it was just too good a deal to miss.

I've read the bad reviews, and I know this cruise will be nothing like HAL, or Oceania, but i'm really looking forward to it. Just to have an extra week at sea, that was not expected is a treat. I don't mind if we, as English speakers, are in the minority.

I think we will mainly eat in the buffet, and don't have high expectations. We will be happy with some fruit & salad and the odd slice of pizza ...might buy some gelato as well!

Has anyone got any advice or tip for us at all? We have a balcony, but are there are any other quiet spots outside to sit?

Is there an inside spa/solarium area, and what is the charge to use it?

Hi debscj,

I am looking forward to Armonia too. When are you leaving? I also posted questions about that cruise and so far I have no answers.

We have already traveled with MSC twice and it was not bad, food in MDR was excellent and cabin servis was also very good. I love Greek islands, so we took it. I prefer Costa , but that was a bargain. We have Bingo cabin, so with some luck :-)))

We are leaving from Venice 29-06.

We took the plunge yesterday and booked the Armonia for June. To be honest it was just too good a deal to miss.

I've read the bad reviews, and I know this cruise will be nothing like HAL, or Oceania, but i'm really looking forward to it. Just to have an extra week at sea, that was not expected is a treat. I don't mind if we, as English speakers, are in the minority.

I think we will mainly eat in the buffet, and don't have high expectations. We will be happy with some fruit & salad and the odd slice of pizza ...might buy some gelato as well!

Has anyone got any advice or tip for us at all? We have a balcony, but are there are any other quiet spots outside to sit?

Is there an inside spa/solarium area, and what is the charge to use it?

The back decks on the Lirica class ship's are a nice peaceful place to sit outside.

The Rmonia has a thermal suite and spa but as it's the only ship of that class that I've not been on, I can't tell you what it's like. From the deck plans it looks to be similar to the Sinfonia, and if that's the case you are in luck as that has the nicest thermal area of all twhe ship's I've sailed on.

Can't remember exactly how much it is on European cruises - could be €16 for a session I thin. Normally I have a spa package which includes so many sessions with it. They sometimes do a deal where you can buy a pass for unlimited use during the length of your cruise.

If you prefer dining in a buffet, fine, but in my opinion the food in the MDR tends to be superior. At breakfast for example, instead of eggs going lukewarm under one of those heat lamps, you get made to order omelettes or fresh cooked eggs any way you want. It isn't as quick eating in the MDr but certainly quieter and more civilised!

Hope you have a nice time. Looks like an interesting itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We haven't booked any excursions. The only we might do is the beach break in Corfu, but I would like to know which beach/hotel it goes to and that information isn't available online. I'll see if I can find out on board.

Last time we hired a car in Corfu, but I think it's too risky with the short amount of time we get ashore on MSC.

You won't be dissapointed, I've been on Armonia , lovely ship , and you certainly won't have to resort to a slice of Pizza and buffet dinner etc unless you want to - the main dining room dinner is lovely especially if you like Italian food. There are plenty of quiet spots you can enjoy - Just becuase you may have paid a very reasonable price it doesnt mean you'll see a huge difference in what you get ...so you might just be pleasantly surprised ! I was !

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be on the Armonia June 29 as well! Two adults and 4 children (14, 12, 9, and 5). We've set our expectations low, as I've heard mixed reviews about MSC but we plan to have a great time!! My children finish school on the 28th and we'll head straight to Venice. Good to know there will be other English speakers on board :)

Myself and Sister will be on the Armonia June 29th. We got a great deal as a teacher. I am looking forward to it and sometimes, you need to make the best of it.

I am sure it will be fun. When are you going?;)

Hi,

I will travel with my son on the same cruise. I am also a teacher, speaking English. So, it would be nice to meet you on the board and have a chat. Just let me know- my name is Jackie.

We'll be on the Armonia June 29 as well! Two adults and 4 children (14, 12, 9, and 5). We've set our expectations low, as I've heard mixed reviews about MSC but we plan to have a great time!! My children finish school on the 28th and we'll head straight to Venice. Good to know there will be other English speakers on board :)

Hi! Hope to meet you! Two adults and two kids (15 and 8). Our kids may enjoy having English speaking friends to hang out with!

Hi! Hope to meet you! Two adults and two kids (15 and 8). Our kids may enjoy having English speaking friends to hang out with!

Yes, we need to meet!! Always fun for the kids to make new friends. We're getting excited... still not finished packing though. We're driving down tomorrow from Germany and staying the night in Vicenza before heading to Venice Friday to check in and board the ship. I have curly reddish hair and two of my kids are red heads, and two are blondes, can't miss us. Although if they're acting up, I'm going to pretend I don't know them :) Everyone's a bit too excited right now with school ending tomorrow and our upcoming cruise.

Hopefully, you will get this e-mail...we are living in Vicenza currently and traveling to Venice tomorrow. My name is Liz and husband is Darren. Kids are blonde/light brown hair. My hair is darker brown and husband has crew cut. We will be looking for you!!

Please post reviews when you get back, since I will be doing the same cruise on Sept. 7th and with a 3 year old.

Archived