Embarkation

AtMaui

A friend and I are taking our first Silversea cruise on the Whisper out of Ft. Lauderdale in November Obviously we don't have our documents yet and we're curious as to when we will be able to board. We will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before.

A friend and I are taking our first Silversea cruise on the Whisper out of Ft. Lauderdale in November Obviously we don't have our documents yet and we're curious as to when we will be able to board. We will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before.

You will find embarkation in Ft. Lauderdale to be a smooth, relaxed experience. The best part is the first lunch on board at La Terrazza. I enjoyed the buffet whilst my wife ordered a pizza. It was one of the best crusts we have ever enjoyed.

Yes, the boarding time is in the cruise documentation that arrives about 8 weeks before your voyage (if you'd like to know before then, just call Silversea's office). You'll be delighted by the ease of boarding -- no lines, people just trickling in, little by little. And Silversea often allows passengers to board earlier than the stated time. Your cabin may not be ready yet, but as Mortgagemaster says, lunch at La Terrazza (and perhaps a leisurely tour of the ship) will be the perfect way to while away the time.

Archived