How to purchase OBC

mominkaty

Decided we wanted to go ahead and "prepay" some of our cruise expenses, but can't figure out how to purchase onboard credit ahead of time for our upcoming cruise on the Magic.

Would we purchase funship dollars or is there a form to fill out to purchase onboard credit ahead of time?

I posted a thread with the same basic question, and I learned that you can purchase the funship dollars and have them automatically applied as OBC, that is what I plan on doing. Hope this helps.

Just be aware that when you purchase you on board credit before your cruise, Carnival will send you a voucher to your cabin, stating as they for my husband and myself on our Freedomcruise that we just returned from today, which we thoroughly enjoyed, that on board credit has been given you by your travel agent as a complimentary gift, which was misleading to us, when I had actually paid for our on board credit with my credit card, by calling Carnival. My travel agency had no knowledge of my purchase. All I am saying is watch out that you do no think you have extra on board credit when you don't. The meals were delicious and the service was excellent. The ship sailing was very smooth, never really felt like we were in the ocean, smooth seas. The shows that we saw were really nice, the singing and dancing excellent. We had two ocasions to get free drinks, the night of the loyalty party for both the early and the late sitting at different times and on the last sea day, at 5:00 o'clock an opportunity for free drinks and entertainment and dancing, which on the daily fun times didn't state drinks were offered, but I knew about it from this site----thank you. Again, I found Carnival to be the most organized at debarktation----all our bags were placed in the same place under the numbered tags we were given. Loved anytime dining, service was excellent. They remembered our names especially when we requested to be seated in the same sections.

Archived