Car Rental in Bari closest to cruise ship terminal

tennisbets

A group from our roll call is looking into renting a car and driving to Matera for the day. I've spent hours combing the car rental sites and it is impossible to tell where they are located in relation to the terminal. Any idea if there is a good one within easy walking distance? Also, any idea if there are trulli houses located along the way to Matera without making a major detour?

The closest one I see is the Maggiore office on Via Napoli, about a mile from the cruise port.

http://www.maggiore.it/index.php?lingua=gb

Regarding the trulli, while there are houses dotted throughout the countryside around Alberobello, I wouldn't count on seeing them on the road between Bari and Matera, which is quite a bit west of Alberobello.

Thanks Eurocruiser. Checking out another option for finding our own driver as I'm not sure our group will want to walk a mile to pick up a car. So it sounds like most of the trulli houses are in the Alberbello area. Guess it would be a lot of driving to do the triangle..........

Archived