dream porthole stateroom

gatorellis

Just booked 4/13/13 cruise on Dream. Thought we'd try a porthole stateroom because its 220ft, Anyone ever try one of these? Had an inside on Sensation, it worked for hubby and I, but 14 yr old son going this time and we thought we needed more room. Any replies...:)

Excellent choice! These rooms go very fast! I've done porthole rooms before. I've loved them. The ones I've had are smaller than what you'll have, and it was still plenty of room. While I'm not sure if yours is a full 220 sq.ft, it should be pretty close to 220. The sofa bed for the 3rd person will be nice for your son & for you. No climbing up to an upper bunk for him, and no upper hanging over your heads for you. I love the deck 2 forward location. Perfect for returning to your room quickly after a show in the theater. No waiting for elevators. Easy access to the theater, all the nighttime entertainment, & the dining rooms. Extra elevators at the forward elevators for when you need to use them. The Dream is an amazing ship! I hope you have a great time!

The only possible concern that some people have for these rooms is that they experience a little more motion than midship rooms, and you can hear the waves hitting the bow. That never bothered me. I don't mind a little motion or the waves. People who really struggle with motion sickness may not want these rooms, but most people will do fine in them.

Thanks for the info, but I don't think the motion will bother us much. Our first cruise was on the Big Red Boat with a hurricane coming across Florida. We bounced off both sides of the walls going back to our room and I held on to the edge of the bed for quite a while. We've had an inside on Disney and had booked another inside but were upgraded to a balcony. Then we had a balcony on Exployer. Thought we couldn't go back down, but this was a deal we couldn't pass up. And if the upgrade fairy comes along ...:cool:

Archived