Attention Carnival Executives/boardwatchers!

IrishRoots

last February - one of our members contacted JH, and he set up one of the rooms, snacks, had it posted in the Fun Times, and we had several officers in attendance for a Q & A period. Karl with a K, the Captain!!!, and several others were in attendance. Cash bar was available...

Bruce

aka Counsel

Did we cruise together, we had a meet & greet with Karl, the Captain and several others, we had snacks and they also took pics with us and introduced themselves.... pirates & Guy Fieri :rolleyes:

In my experience, nobody shows up to a CCL meet & greet when it is just arranged thru the roll call thread discussion. Too many conversations about when & where we should meet etc. It gets lost in the thread and people aren't sure where they should go. Is it 10 or 10:30? Is it port or aft? First sea day or at sailaway? etc In my last cruise, I thought we would have a few people show up but nobody did to the public/open place we all thought it was going to be. Turns out one couple showed up but since we didn't know each other, we never made contact until we got back on the roll call after the cruise to figure out we were both at the same place but just didn't know it.

On RCI roll call, there is a link to officially sign up for the meet & greet and you get an email with the location and meeting time for the meet & greet. It is less about "getting something for free" in my opinion and is better attended when people know exactly what time and where to show up. In this respect, I think CCL assistance would be beneficial even if no officers show up or even provide refreshments. Just knowing the details like show up at this "bar/venue" at this time on this date.

In my experience, nobody shows up to a CCL meet & greet when it is just arranged thru the roll call thread discussion. Too many conversations about when & where we should meet etc. It gets lost in the thread and people aren't sure where they should go. Is it 10 or 10:30? Is it port or aft? First sea day or at sailaway? etc In my last cruise, I thought we would have a few people show up but nobody did to the public/open place we all thought it was going to be. Turns out one couple showed up but since we didn't know each other, we never made contact until we got back on the roll call after the cruise to figure out we were both at the same place but just didn't know it.

On RCI roll call, there is a link to officially sign up for the meet & greet and you get an email with the location and meeting time for the meet & greet. It is less about "getting something for free" in my opinion and is better attended when people know exactly what time and where to show up. In this respect, I think CCL assistance would be beneficial even if no officers show up or even provide refreshments. Just knowing the details like show up at this "bar/venue" at this time on this date.

On your rollcall itself, it should have been setup for the time and place and what was included, we had that all straightened out before we left so we all were on the same page for meeting times and places.

On your rollcall itself, it should have been setup for the time and place and what was included, we had that all straightened out before we left so we all were on the same page for meeting times and places.

I guess that works if you have someone taking the lead and everyone agreeing to a M&G. None of my roll calls have worked that way on Carnival cruises. In fact, many of my roll calls have been completely inactive with very few posts and not many even interested in meeting up. Its the complete opposite on RCI roll calls. For example, my roll call for my Splendor cruise a month ago had 253 posts and that was the most active I've been involved in for CCL. I am on the roll call for the RCI Allure April 2013 and there is already 579 posts and we are still a year away.:eek:

What in the world makes some people think CC or any other special interest group is entitled to anything other than what they pay for?

Sarge,

It's the same people..who wander thru life..expecting and demanding that they be treated better than the rest of us. Their ego is much larger than their brain or self respect!

Not looking for a free booze cruise. I merely think it would be nice of the cruiseline to offer something...like a special tour or some munchies. Waiters/waitresses come by and we always order our own drinks at a meet and greet.

Archived