Anyone ever done discover or beginners scuba???

vik61

What is the dive operation that carnival uses in roatan is or... What is a good company to use for the course. I'm on the dream on december 8th and I am certified but my girlfriend is not and she wants to try this course. I want to ensure she is in good hands on this excursion. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

I believe Carnival uses AnthonyKey's Resort. We will be in Roatan in June and have booked Discover Scuba through Coconut Tree Divers. Had good recommendations on this site and on trip advisor. Communications with them have been great. We have newly certified diver and 3 Discover divers and Coconut Tree have been very accommodating.

We used West End Divers in Roatan and had a great time. We'd recommend them highly!

We didn't do Discover, but we saw someone doing the skills on a very shallow sandbar roped off so you didn't step into deep water. Seemed like a good set up :)

What is the dive operation that carnival uses in roatan is or... What is a good company to use for the course. I'm on the dream on december 8th and I am certified but my girlfriend is not and she wants to try this course. I want to ensure she is in good hands on this excursion. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

We did the beginners scuba through Carnival with AKR and they did a great job - highly recommended.

Alot of people on trip advisors seem to think that AKR supplied sub-standard equipment. So it has me looking elsewhere cause I don't won't equipment that i'm hanging my life on.

Dove with them twice and never had an issue with any of the equipment. Have had some issues with other dive shops , but we always evaluate any rental equipment before going in and make them fix and or swap out. We are traveling back in December but will be looking at using west end divers this time due to time constraints.

Ok I think I am going to use either west end or coconut. It seems as though they do alot with cruisers and will be well aware of my port time.

Thanks everyone for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from a lovely excursion, and chose to dive with West End Divers. (http://www.westenddivers.info) They took care of all of my arrangements to and from the ship to the dive shop. I had a cab waiting for me when we ported. We had incredible dives, with very fun and down-to-earth dive masters. I was able to get a lot of great photos as well. I would highly recommend them!!

Archived