Need Info re Rostock and Gdansk Ports

marktime

Can anyone tell me, is it possible to do walking tours of Rostock, Germany and Gdansk, Poland just be getting off of the ship at these ports? If not, what is the best way to into these cities for sightseeing? Would it be better to take a ship sponsored tour rather than do walking tour.

Going on Celebrity Constellation. Any information will be appreciated.

Mark

Hi Mark...I think you might get more responses if you post your queries to the Celebrity boards or go to the Ports of Calls forum and post your questions there.

It's great if you feel comfortable striking out on your own in foreign ports (just keep track of the time so that you get back to the ship on time!). Only you can decide if you'd rather have the convenience and security of a ship sponsored excursion. We've done both. If going it on your own...then you'll want to do a little research beforehand about the specific city/town and what sights you definitely want to see in the allotted time you have while there.

Happy sailing!

I've been to both ports on two separate cruises. Gdansk is very easily done on your own, but you have to get to the city center as the port isn't a very attractive, or very safe looking, area. If they offer shuttles to the center of the town, then it's just very easy to walk the area and see the sights. As for Rostock, it's not much of a place to see. Are there any tours that go to other nearby areas? If so, I would go for one of those as I don't think Rostock offers much of any interest.

Archived