Southampton Disembarkation

traveler20000

Hi,

We are first time cruisers who are traveling the QM2 from New York to Southampton on July 5. My question is what is involved in the disembarkation process & about how much time does it take? :confused: We are trying to decide whether to hire a private car transfer to Heathrow or go through Cunard for this. We have a quote from a private company suggesting a 9AM pickup at the dock but we're concerned about not leaving enough time for the disembarkation process. Any specifics regarding this are sketchy on the Cunard website.

Thanks!

Hi:

We arrive in Southampton on June 15. Our pre-cruise documents indicate that a coach transfre to London or Heathrow is approx. $82 per person. A private car is $210 per person. Both can be ordered on board.

Today I recieved a quote from a private car company I have used before in London: 175 Pounds (approx. $340) for a mini van for our family of four and eight peices of luggage to London/Kensington. They indicated that if the ship's arrival time is 07:00, pick up time would be approx. 10:00 or 10:30 after a breakfast on board and time for the disembarkation procedures. They would, of course be less for a car for two passengers. Website:

www.chauffeur.co.uk

Hope this helps!

Dan

Archived