How are they going to do this??

crosj

We are scheduled on the Sun leaving SFO on May 10, 2006 and arriving in Vancouver on Sunday May 14th. Just a little repositioning cruise. Yet when you look at the schedule of the Sun it apparently is leaving Seattle on May 13 for a RT to Alaska. Me think something is amiss, don't you?

Shucks!! I had a prime BA 1202!!!! I am hoping they still keep this cruise starting in SFO but ending in Seattle a day early. Wouldn't mind spending a day or two there.

Did you get cruise docs (I mean a ticket)? If so, it MUST be honored or else refunded. According to NCL's website, there is no repositioning cruise planned on the Sun. You might want to call your TA ASAP to get this straightened out!

Good luck :rolleyes:

I have to apologize. I didn't see the 2006 in your posting. I was thinking it was coming up next week :(

Are you sure it's the Sun? I haven't really researched it so I couldn't give you another ship suggestion. I would contact your TA and go from there.

Good luck! :cool:

We are scheduled on the Sun leaving SFO on May 10, 2006 and arriving in Vancouver on Sunday May 14th. Just a little repositioning cruise. Yet when you look at the schedule of the Sun it apparently is leaving Seattle on May 13 for a RT to Alaska. Me think something is amiss, don't you?

Shucks!! I had a prime BA 1202!!!! I am hoping they still keep this cruise starting in SFO but ending in Seattle a day early. Wouldn't mind spending a day or two there.

Crosj, how did you find this cruise? It's not yet on the NCL website. I just checked it again. We are already booked on the Sun's first Alaska cruise, which leaves Seattle on May 13. We were actually hoping that the repo cruise would end in Seattle, because we are interested in adding that on to our Alaska trip.

Guest nhrich

The repo will NOT end in Seattle due to government regulations. To end in a different U.S. port that where it started, there would have to be a stop in a distant foreign port (not Canada).

The itinerary can for the repo can be found on a link from this page:

http://www.ncl.com/itinerary/it_repo.htm

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I think that's when they will do the artwork. I might be wrong, just a guess.

Hope it works out for you.

The repo will NOT end in Seattle due to government regulations. To end in a different U.S. port that where it started, there would have to be a stop in a distant foreign port (not Canada).

The itinerary can for the repo can be found on a link from this page:

http://www.ncl.com/itinerary/it_repo.htm

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Well, DUH, I even knew about the Jones Act and forgot about it in my haste to post! Guess that takes care of that portion of our cruise. I forgot about the page with the repositioning cruises on it. I just went to the area where you book the cruise, and it comes up empty for any repositioning cruise by the Sun during the month of May.

PanamaCruiser, you're probably right about the hull artwork. I read that it was supposed to be done before the 2006 Alaska season, and the artwork for the Star was done in San Francisco. It should be beautiful!

Thanks, everyone!

If it is in dry dock May 10-whatever, do you think it will sail out of SFO EMPTY? There was (is) a repo leaving SFO on May 10 2006 arriving in Vancouver May 14. Yet now the Same ship (the SUN) is scheduled to leave Seattle on May 13 2006 on a rt to Alaska. Obviously the schedule is wrong but which part is wrong? The Sun ends her PC portion in SFO on May 10 or does it???

If it is in dry dock May 10-whatever, do you think it will sail out of SFO EMPTY? There was (is) a repo leaving SFO on May 10 2006 arriving in Vancouver May 14. Yet now the Same ship (the SUN) is scheduled to leave Seattle on May 13 2006 on a rt to Alaska. Obviously the schedule is wrong but which part is wrong? The Sun ends her PC portion in SFO on May 10 or does it???

The Sun will end the Panama Canal in SFO on the 10th of May...and on then the artwork will be done.

The Sun will probably cruise to Seattle empty and begin the Alaska run on the 13th of May.

All of these changes really make it hard to book a cruise.

And when you are booked, sometimes the rug is pulled right out from under you. I know!!!

At least these changes are early enough to make different choices. I did !!!

So is this an opinion or final word? I think you are probably right on this one. I called my TA and she has not called me back. I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks

Wow....all of these changes. It's now a 3 day coastal SFO/YVR.

OTOH....mine.....more haze showing. Gotta get that hull artwork done. My Canal doesn't look good.

Plan *C* for me The Island Princess 7 day Coastal. Maybe I'll catch The Sun on her way back to NOLA in the fall.

Have a good trip.

Wow....all of these changes. It's now a 3 day coastal SFO/YVR.

OTOH....mine.....more haze showing. Gotta get that hull artwork done. My Canal doesn't look good.

Plan *C* for me The Island Princess 7 day Coastal. Maybe I'll catch The Sun on her way back to NOLA in the fall.

Have a good trip.

The Sun has to get thru the Canal to start the season. When they drydock is the question.

The Sun has to get thru the Canal to start the season. When they drydock is the question.

With all the haze, maybe there's a glimmer of hope.

Shoreguy, shake that *8* ball again :) better yet!

Lets find a crystal ball somewhere.....

I'll be on The Sun in September, maybe I'll just hang on the side on the way down, and draw on her myself....just to get the artwork done and out of the way!

Archived