How Do You Check for Price Drops?

Rachel83706

I am so confused :confused:

I never worried about price drops before because I never booked super early and I was always confident I had the best deal ... but now I am booked for an Aug 2013 cruise and there is probably going to be differences in price.

But how do I check??

I am booked into a premium balcony (9B) on Miracle.

There is a sale going on now so I put in all my information for a premium balcony and got a quote that was about $200 less than what I paid ... but the TA told me I was wrong. That price was for a "premium balcony" but NOT 9B (which only went down about $57)

When I try to choose a cabin on the website, it doesn't even offer me any 9B cabins - could they be sold out already?)

I just really don't know how to do this :(

I am so confused :confused:

I never worried about price drops before because I never booked super early and I was always confident I had the best deal ... but now I am booked for an Aug 2013 cruise and there is probably going to be differences in price.

But how do I check??

I am booked into a premium balcony (9B) on Miracle.

There is a sale going on now so I put in all my information for a premium balcony and got a quote that was about $200 less than what I paid ... but the TA told me I was wrong. That price was for a "premium balcony" but NOT 9B (which only went down about $57)

When I try to choose a cabin on the website, it doesn't even offer me any 9B cabins - could they be sold out already?)

I just really don't know how to do this :(

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

Here is the request form and the website to check for droos

Just so you know, there are only 6 9B cabins on the whole ship. So yes, they could easily already be sold out.

On the positive side, I was in a 9B on the Miracle last year (7301) and it was AWESOME!!! The rooms are beautiful. Look similar to the suites (but no tub). And the Balconies are great!!!

Remember when using the fareviewer link above, you are comparing CRUISE RATE only. Not your total which includes taxes, prepaid grats, etc.....

You are welcome

BTW, Susie, do you have a website link where you got your avatar? I have cards made up with that smiling cat and I wanted to have more made but couldn't find the picture again :) (what a great coincidence!!)

Thanks Becca! I was in a extended balcony next to a 9B on Spirit, but I was alone. It was perfect for me, but I am bringing my Mom with me this time. I wanted it to be special for her. So glad I made the right decision :D

BTW, Susie, do you have a website link where you got your avatar? I have cards made up with that smiling cat and I wanted to have more made but couldn't find the picture again :) (what a great coincidence!!)

Here ya go

xxx

So are you saying if your cabin category is sold out, you won't be able to take advantage of any price drops? Is that you when you look to upgrade to another category that's been dropped to what you're already paying?

So are you saying if your cabin category is sold out, you won't be able to take advantage of any price drops? Is that you when you look to upgrade to another category that's been dropped to what you're already paying?

Pretty much. If you cat is sold out, there won't be any prices listed. And unfortunately with the 9B, it's the highest "balcony" category. So OP would have to watch for Suites to drop. Although as the cruise gets closer, 9B could reappear if folks cancel or if a TA had one on hold then released it.

9B did drop ... but only $57

I'll take it! That is better than nothing :D

LOL! Susie, did you forget something ...

No...I kept it posted for a while...you didn't get it??? I erased them. I do not think I am allowed to post avatar websites..(not sure) I have a lot of them too.

$57???? HEY...THAT'S 8 COCKTAILS...:eek:

Pretty much. If you cat is sold out, there won't be any prices listed. And unfortunately with the 9B, it's the highest "balcony" category. So OP would have to watch for Suites to drop. Although as the cruise gets closer, 9B could reappear if folks cancel or if a TA had one on hold then released it.

Gotcha. Thanks for explaining! I had no idea about this with my first cruise, maybe I'll get lucky with this one.

Archived