Galveston--any hotels with FREE shuttle to the port?

recyclelady

I'm in the very beginning stages of putting together a cruise for 6 of us out of Galveston in early March. I've been reading the threads on transportation from Hobby to Galveston. I think I can figure that out from some of the useful ideas.

We generally don't like to spend a bunch of $$ on the night-before hotel. In Ft. Lauderdale we always stay at the Laquinta. I've been looking at hotels in that general price range in Galveston, but I cannot tell if any have free shuttles. What is your experience?

I'm in the very beginning stages of putting together a cruise for 6 of us out of Galveston in early March. I've been reading the threads on transportation from Hobby to Galveston. I think I can figure that out from some of the useful ideas.

We generally don't like to spend a bunch of $$ on the night-before hotel. In Ft. Lauderdale we always stay at the Laquinta. I've been looking at hotels in that general price range in Galveston, but I cannot tell if any have free shuttles. What is your experience?

Many hotels have park sleep and shuttle deals but its usually bit of a hassel and its built in to the "free price" and if you need two rooms and have one car.... If you have two cars - it might be easier to park one at the lighthouse and leave the other at one of the hotels.

I know the Quilty Inn lets you park for free, has free breakfast but no shuttle. IMO that's your best bet if you have two cars and need two rooms.

Its jsut the two of us on our Magic Cruise and we're staying at the Hampton using HHpoints.

Many hotels have park sleep and shuttle deals but its usually bit of a hassel and its built in to the "free price" and if you need two rooms and have one car.... If you have two cars - it might be easier to park one at the lighthouse and leave the other at one of the hotels.

I know the Quilty Inn lets you park for free, has free breakfast but no shuttle. IMO that's your best bet if you have two cars and need two rooms.

Its jsut the two of us on our Magic Cruise and we're staying at the Hampton using HHpoints.

I'm pretty sure that The Galvez has free parking and a shuttle, thinking the Hilton on the seawall does too. I know there's a fee at Harbor House, but it's still cheaper than a parking lot. You can check out the listing of hotels and motels on www.galveston.com and check with some of them to see what they have available!

The OP said that they would be coming from Hobby, so I don't think they need parking. I am also interested in hotels with free shuttles to the port if anyone knows of one. There will be 6 of us flying into Hobby and taking a limo to the hotel.

The OP said that they would be coming from Hobby, so I don't think they need parking. I am also interested in hotels with free shuttles to the port if anyone knows of one. There will be 6 of us flying into Hobby and taking a limo to the hotel.

Hi, Starlaker! I think we were on the same Sapphire cruise together a few years ago!

Sounds like you are trying to plan exactly what I am planning. Six of us from Hobby to Galveston. I'm just beginning to look into it (it won't be until March) but it seems to be a whole lot more difficult than a Florida cruise.

Hi, Starlaker! I think we were on the same Sapphire cruise together a few years ago!

Sounds like you are trying to plan exactly what I am planning. Six of us from Hobby to Galveston. I'm just beginning to look into it (it won't be until March) but it seems to be a whole lot more difficult than a Florida cruise.

Hobby is just 30 minutes from Galveston. There are several hotels in Galveston that offer shuttle service to the pier. Galveston is not that big at all! I listed a few hotels above but there are many on the island. Of course, the cheaper hotels probably do not offer shuttles but you can always contact them and make an inquiry. There is also taxi service and I don't think it costs that much either. That is what we have done in Florida...in FLL our hotel (Mariott Airport) didn't offer a free shuttle service, but the concierge arranged transport for us for $15 each to the pier, which by the way was only about 2 miles! Do you guys have a TA that could do this legwork for you? Again, look up "places to stay" on www.galveston.com!

Thanks everyone!

I used to live in Houston back in the 1990s so I am familiar with the drive down to the coast. But I never had any reason to look into lodging in the area.

I'll check out some of your suggestions.

We're staying at the Galvez for 2 nites prior to our cruise.

It's costing $15/nite to valet our car for the 2 nites of our stay and the parking for our 7 day cruise and shuttle to/from the terminal are "free". The Galvez room is expensive at $219/nite but the hotel looks like a fantastic place. :)

We're staying at the Galvez for 2 nites prior to our cruise.

It's costing $15/nite to valet our car for the 2 nites of our stay and the parking for our 7 day cruise and shuttle to/from the terminal are "free". The Galvez room is expensive at $219/nite but the hotel looks like a fantastic place. :)

You will like The Galvez! We love to stay there for a weekend getaway. They also have a nice pool area too. Love the ambiance! Did you know it's supposed to be haunted too? I think there's a room on the 4th floor and a picture of Bernardo de Galvez downstairs that are supposedly haunted! You can park your car for free if you don't use the valet service!

You will like The Galvez! We love to stay there for a weekend getaway. They also have a nice pool area too. Love the ambiance! Did you know it's supposed to be haunted too? I think there's a room on the 4th floor and a picture of Bernardo de Galvez downstairs that are supposedly haunted! You can park your car for free if you don't use the valet service!

Thanks for the heads up about the haunting, CGBCruiser.

I'll have to remember not to have too many wobbly pops before bedtime. :D

Archived