Holiday Inn -Port of Miami...Shuttle???

CoachNH

Does this hotel have shuttle service from the airport? To the Port?

I have booked this hotel but can get out of it if I want to.

Any input would be appreciated.

CoachNH

No it does not have a shuttle .....airport or pier...........

I will be staying there for the third time..............worth the money to pay for transport for the location directly across the street from Bayside.

This hotel seems to be a good choice - I have been reading this forum for a few days now, trying to find a place to stay for our pre-cruise out of Miami in December. So far I am up to 2 choices, this is one as is the Intercontinental. hmmm, any more information on Miami Hotels would be appreciated.

Well the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn are in two different worlds. The Holiday Inn is, well, an old Holiday Inn, adequate for one night and in a great location directly across from Bayside Marketplace, while the Intercontinental is a much newer, very nice hotel, also very close to Bayside Marketplace.

I personally prefer the JW Marriott on Brickell, very good rates if you're an AAA/CAA or AARP member... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miajw

Other popular downtown hotels are the Hyatt-Regency... http://miamiregency.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

And the Biscayne Bay Marriott... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miabb

Hey TrentS,

Those seem to be nice hotels, but a little too pricey for me. We just need something clean and comfortable for the one night we will be there.

Does anyone know when to request a Bayside room? Is now too early?

CoachNH

Also, Priceline has some great deals on downtown Miami hotels. We got the Hyatt two years ago for $27 a night in March. If I was booking a cruise out of MIA, I would definitely choose the HOliday Inn. It's a great location...steps to Bayside which is great. Be sure to take one of the 90 minute cruises around Biscayne Bay.

Hey TrentS,

Those seem to be nice hotels, but a little too pricey for me. We just need something clean and comfortable for the one night we will be there.

Does anyone know when to request a Bayside room? Is now too early?

CoachNH

I am with you..I want to request a Bayside room also. If I purchase the room on the internet, can I just call them and request a room? We will be there in December.

Does anyone know when to request a Bayside room? Is now too early?CoachNH

I called last week & booked the Sail Away package & requested a Bayside view room. Whether or not we will get it, remains to be seen. I really don't care either way. I am just happy we found a decent pre-cruise hotel so close to everything! :cool:

Happy sailing,

T.

i was going to post about this EXACT hotel when i saw this thread. I'm on a cruise with 2 other girls leaving from miami and we were looking into staying somewhere cheap and close to the port. as long as it has beds and AC we are interested. we dont need all the fluff for just one night.

we prefer to stay somewhere that provides transportation to the port. i can't believe the "port of miami holiday inn" doesn't offer transportation to the port. their website claims they are.5 miles away from it. but if its as close as they say, i'm sure the cab ride to the port is cheap.

how far away is the a beach from this hotel?

we were going to stay at the sheraton suites at the philadelphia airport the night before our cruise, but decided if we are going to spend the money on a hotel room, we might as well go down a day early and spend it on a hotel in miami!

Kate, this Holiday Inn is literally just across the bridge from the Port of Miami, a cab won't cost you more than a few dollars. It's a 3 minute drive from the door to the ship.

South Beach is about 15 minutes away, that would be the closest beach. It's just across the MacArthur Causeway (I-395).

It's always best to get to the port of embarkation at least a day before your cruise starts, so I would highly recommend you spend that night in Miami!

Great! Thanks Trent. i looked up rates and they are very reasonable. i read the holiday inn is right near a marketplace of sorts that we could wander around in a bit.

Kate, I think this hotel will suit you & the gals just fine since it is close to everything. This is the main reason why I booked it for the gals & myself for our Oct pre-cruise stay Fri & Sat nights. We are looking forward to going to South Beach as well. Hope you & the gals have a safe trip to Miami & a wonderful cruise!! :D

Happy sailing,

T.

You should take a taxi over to Versailles at 3555 SW 8th Street... Versailles is THE Cuban restaurant in Miami. The food is great and the place is an institution!

Trent - Since you seem to be "in the know," I want to ask - do you know of the 'hot spots' to hit in Miami for dancing? Hip hop, R&B, Top 40? Thanks in advance for answering. :D

Happy sailing,

T.

MY wife and I have stayed there 4 times and it keeps getting better. We try to grab a corner suite and I think it is around $130.00 a night and the price changes with the season. We are huge on cuban food and you have to try the Latin American Cafe at the Bayside Market Place. You can dine outdoors and watch the boats in the Harbor, there are a bunch of restaurants that you can choose from. Enjoy. The "Snoman"

Trent - Since you seem to be "in the know," I want to ask - do you know of the 'hot spots' to hit in Miami for dancing? Hip hop, R&B, Top 40? Thanks in advance for answering. :D

Happy sailing,

T.

There are a lot of great clubs in South Beach, but I haven't been to any of them in so long and what's hot comes and goes so frequently I don't know what the best place is right now. Here's a website that may help you... http://www.southbeach-usa.com/nightclubs.htm

Archived