Belize Diving Info!

MarinerChica7

Hello all,

I went on the Explorer of the Seas Feb. 27, 2005 which took us to Belize. I am a scuba diver and enjoyed this port very much! While we were there I met a really awesome guy named Myron who was my dive master.

This is his company's website: http://www.seasportsbelize.com/diving.html

If you have any questions I can get the info from him....

Hello all,

I went on the Explorer of the Seas Feb. 27, 2005 which took us to Belize. I am a scuba diver and enjoyed this port very much! While we were there I met a really awesome guy named Myron who was my dive master.

This is his company's website: http://www.seasportsbelize.com/diving.html

If you have any questions I can get the info from him....

I second the recommendation....SeasportBelize is awesome....I'll be diving with them, in July and can't wait! The owners, John and Linda, are great!:D

Explorer of the Seas is currently going to this port, and I can personally recomend this cruise line out of all others i've been on. RCCL is top on my list! Gorgeous ship, fun day activities onboard, wonderful service, and a great pick of ports!

i also want to know if anyone has used the ships excursion for diving in belize, hubby wants to do the ships excursion because we have never been to this port before. if anyone has please let us know.

Since no one else posted, the ships excursions have always been great. We've done these in Belize with Hugh Parkey's I believe. I really haven't heard a negative thing about the company with them, if you check out the rest of the "BELIZE" area, I think you'll find that is the case

This is how it went with Royal Caribbean. We paid for an excursion to Belize before we left to get onto the ship (but you can also do this onboard the ship). That morning we got our tickets delivered to our door and went up to the pool deck where we met the rest of the group. We then were taken down to the tender and had (about) a 15 minute "drive" to Hugh Parkey's dive shop where people could get the items they didn't have. From there it was (about) a 30-45 minute ride to our first dive stop. From there we set up our gear and had a run down given by our dive instructors. We split into smaller groups and did a 45 minute dive (I can't remember the name of our first dive spot). Then we got back onto the boat and went another maybe 30 minutes to Lee Ellen's Mellons (That was the dive place don't ask) :confused: We had fresh fruits and drinks as a snack and then did another 45 minute dive. I have no complains about anything what-so-ever about Hugh Parkeys so you might want to see if they work with Carnival and go with them.

With SeaSportsBelize you just walk in and they take you out. It's probably a better idea to go with Hugh Parkeys if you are going on a cruise. :D

I'm here if you have any other questions....hope this helped somewhat

Thanks everyone for the Belize scuba recommendations and info. We will be on the Miracle in November and chose this ship so that we can dive on Belize. But we are getting a bit nervous that Carnival gives a nice description of the dive in shore excursions but now that we can book online- the scuba diving isn't listed!

We have used the cruise shore excursions for diving in the past and as we are new divers and with only a couple cruises under our belts- feel more comfortable this way.

cruiseLMG- any thoughts or info you might have would be appreciated.

Happy Cruising!

Sue

Would you mind giving a brief review? My dad is considering this for Belize, but, there is not much description in the Carnival excursion list. Thank you.

My husband and I did the 2 tank Turneffe Atoll dive from Carnival Inspiration Sept 2, 2004. It was $145 w/out equipt $165 w/equipt.

We also thought it was well worth the extra cost. They pick you up and drop you off at the boat, HUGE plus.

At that time Carnival used Belize Dive Connection which was origanally, Hugh Parkey's. They took good care of 2 groups of divers and showed everyone a great time.

Look them up on the internet for more information. They will gladly answer any questions you may have. The did both ship excursions and land based bookings.

Have fun!

Come on over to the Scuba and Snorkeling board - lots of info there.

I've done both the ship's excursion and SeaSports Belize.

Here is a link to my recent review and photos.

SeaSports Belize http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=179208

Check out the photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

We're cruising back to Belize in September, and we're already booked with SeaSports for our dives.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

Archived