Specialty Dining Help

TerryLP

Hi All. My wife and I are taking out daughters (both eleven) on the Ruby in June. We have been on a few Princess cruises, but have never done the specialty dining. I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions. Is there an age limit, or can our girls join us there? I saw that there is a per-person cover charge, but is there additional charges for the meal? Is there a dress code, like coat & tie, or is it the same as in the MDR? Is there special tipping for these dining rooms. Any other advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Terry

Hi All. My wife and I are taking out daughters (both eleven) on the Ruby in June. We have been on a few Princess cruises, but have never done the specialty dining. I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions. Is there an age limit, or can our girls join us there? I saw that there is a per-person cover charge, but is there additional charges for the meal? Is there a dress code, like coat & tie, or is it the same as in the MDR? Is there special tipping for these dining rooms. Any other advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Terry

Same dress as in diningroom. Used to be no kids under age of 10, but that may have changed. Cover charge is the only charge you pay for food, unless you order a specialty item which has it's own fee.

Tipping is considered part of the service charge, but especially in Sabatinis we always leave a little over and above because the staff is usually so good.

Terry

Archived