Bringing narcotics INTO Belize?

Deosil

So I see a lot of post here about folks loading up on med while in port, but I didn't find anything about peoples experiences bringing legitimate scripts with them on a shore excursion and then getting back on the boat with them.

I have legit meds that were prescribed to me by my doctor for chronic pain. I want to get off of the boat and have an excursion in Belize, but I will need my meds to be able to go. Am I going to be able to get back on board ship without loosing it?

I am of two minds. Put what I need in my pill case and take them as needed. But then I wont be carrying the original bottle and will get into trouble because they think I am trying to get something past them when I get back on board.

Take the whole bottle with me so they can see its a legit script. Then if they do confiscate it for some reason I am really screwed.

Anyone have and advice or experience?

DH has ALL kinds of prescriptions (including heavy narcotics for pain) and we always just take them off and on in a ziplock, but we take only what he needs for the day. 25 cruises and we've never had a problem.

So I see a lot of post here about folks loading up on med while in port, but I didn't find anything about peoples experiences bringing legitimate scripts with them on a shore excursion and then getting back on the boat with them.

I have legit meds that were prescribed to me by my doctor for chronic pain. I want to get off of the boat and have an excursion in Belize, but I will need my meds to be able to go. Am I going to be able to get back on board ship without loosing it?

I am of two minds. Put what I need in my pill case and take them as needed. But then I wont be carrying the original bottle and will get into trouble because they think I am trying to get something past them when I get back on board.

Take the whole bottle with me so they can see its a legit script. Then if they do confiscate it for some reason I am really screwed.

Anyone have and advice or experience?

I always save a couple of prescription bottles as I empty them so I have several bottles with the legitimate prescription on it. When you go onshore, just take the amount you think you'll need in one prescription bottle, and leave the rest on board in another labeled prescription bottle. That way, everything is in an appropriate bottle, and if you lose it or for some strange reason they take it when you re-board, you'll still have what you need for the rest of the trip on board.

I always save a couple of prescription bottles as I empty them so I have several bottles with the legitimate prescription on it. When you go onshore, just take the amount you think you'll need in one prescription bottle, and leave the rest on board in another labeled prescription bottle. That way, everything is in an appropriate bottle, and if you lose it or for some strange reason they take it when you re-board, you'll still have what you need for the rest of the trip on board.

I 100% agree with the extra bottles and taking what you need off the boat. It's good to be causious but I doubt anyone will even notice you have anything with you.

Archived