whats up with the new ships?

mike442

i heard ncl's new ship aloa is the pits, i hope the pride of america isn't the same.i'd like to hear some imput about the spirit,tle aloa and the freedom. looking to use my credit.

Aloha is not a 'new' ship. She was previously the Sky and had been refitted and renamed last summer. We sailed on her last June. The ship itself was nice, but the service left alot to be desired. By now, I would think some of the issues would be resolved. Was interested in the America myself as she will be a new ship.

I cruised with Superflyjeff aboard the Spirit last month and echo his comments. My experience aboard the Spirit was probably my best cruise yet, and actually I'm pretty picky. :cool:

I couldn't agree more! Sailed on the Spirit in February, and (despite rough seas and rain) it was the best cruise we've ever been on. The Spirit is a truly unique ship.

:) GREAT PICTURES!!! THANK YOU!!! I have been thinking about the Spirit for our next planned cruise. Your Cabin looked GORGEOUS!! What "category" was it? We were just in an "AB" on the Dawn a few weeks ago and it looks very much like it, (the AB was FABULOUS!!!) what cabin # did you have too? Would you reccomend staying in your cabin???? And, it sounds as if you LOVED the Spirit, is she a ship worth taking a trip on????

I will probably have MANY more questions, thanks for answering these!!

Suesan

:) GREAT PICTURES!!! THANK YOU!!! I have been thinking about the Spirit for our next planned cruise. Your Cabin looked GORGEOUS!! What "category" was it? We were just in an "AB" on the Dawn a few weeks ago and it looks very much like it, (the AB was FABULOUS!!!) what cabin # did you have too? Would you reccomend staying in your cabin???? And, it sounds as if you LOVED the Spirit, is she a ship worth taking a trip on????

I will probably have MANY more questions, thanks for answering these!!

Suesan

Suesan,

I also was in an AB on the Dawn and I booked the AC on the Spirit for November. It appears to be the same without the 2nd bedroom and bath. I booked 10008.

:) Thank's for your reply!! I hope you have an EXCELLENT cruise on the Spirit. From what I have read, she is a WONDEFULL ship!! "CruisingfromMN"'s review a while back, REALLY made me want to give her a try!!!

Isn't an AB a GREAT cabin?! We LOVED IT!!! My DD LOVED having her own space! And that big bathroom, WOW!!! Who was your Butler? Our's was Lani. She was lovely....

TTFN

Suesan

We also had Lani - She was a real sweetheart. My Stepson also loved the fact that he had his own room. The only problem with these cabins is that you never want to go back to a regular balcony!!!!!!

:) Ah yes, you are 100% CORRECT about never wanting anything less then an AB. Once you have stayed in one you NEVER want to be in anything less... We are spoiled..... It was just SO NICE!!!!

Suesan

Archived