Celebrity Gift Cards

RainLily

My credit card offers gift cards as one of the ways to redeem cashback bonus points. The cruise line gift cards are the best deal. They are usually a $120 gift card for $60 in points.

How do you redeem gift cards? I looked around the Celebrity website (not thoroughly) and did not see a way.

I asked my travel agent and she did not exactly know. She said TAs are not allowed to deal with customer reward points/stockholder OBC/etc. She recommended not trying to redeem it on the ship. I was hoping to use it towards final payment, but would be happy with OBC.

My credit card offers gift cards as one of the ways to redeem cashback bonus points. The cruise line gift cards are the best deal. They are usually a $120 gift card for $60 in points.

How do you redeem gift cards? I looked around the Celebrity website (not thoroughly) and did not see a way.

I asked my travel agent and she did not exactly know. She said TAs are not allowed to deal with customer reward points/stockholder OBC/etc. She recommended not trying to redeem it on the ship. I was hoping to use it towards final payment, but would be happy with OBC.

What CC company do you have? I've never seen this.

It is a Discover card. I looked up the gift cards available for one of my other major credit cards and the only cruise lines available were Carnival and RCL. However, those have to be redeemed dollar for dollar using the "rewards" balance.

If its a Discover Card cash back you have to use the certificate when you are booking and it has to be through their travel company which I believe is Cruise and Vacation group. So you couldn't use it for a final payment on something already booked and it couldn't be onboard credit either.

The Discover Reward (Gift Certificate) for Celebrity isn't actually with Celebrity, but with a 3rd party travel agency. You have too book a new booking with them.

IMHO - not a good way to use Discover Rewards, because this agency's prices are no better than any other agencies, they are not giving OBC, so you basically just get the savings on the certificate ($60 or $100). I can usually find a number of agencies that give a better OBC, then use the Discover Rewards for something better....

Archived