Birth Certificate ?

Unless your state does that, they aren't valid if you do so. In addition, remember that passports will soon be required for those leaving the country. Current "timeline": All Carribeam cruisers by 1/1/06.....all Mexico/Canada cruisers by 1/1/07.

Persons cruising to Alaska/Hawaii from the continental U.S. all stop in Mexico/Canada.

I don't suggest laminating them because they are supposed to have the raised seal and by laminating them you cannot feel the raised seal. I suggest getting passports. Supposedly by the end of 2005, most of the Eastern Carribean will require them and by end of 2006 they will be required to Canada and Mexico and by end of 2007 they will be required at all border crossing-land, sea, and air.

Amy, you will be fine with your birth certificates for your October cruise. Travelers returning from the Caribbean will not be required to have them until 12/31/2005.

However, as jleg stated, you'll need to check to see if IN allows it.

Amy, check out: http://www.in.gov/isdh/bdcertifs/lhdfees/toc.htm

I wouldn't try to laminate one myself, or have one done; but if you get it directly from the County it should be OK.

But, like others have said, I would instead go with a Passport, as they will soon be required. Besides, having a passport opens you up to travel anywhere - you never know what opportunity may pop up.....

Passports are $97.00. plus the cost of pictures which varies depending on where you get them done. Our WalMart does them for $12.99 and our Walgreens does them for $7.99. The post office where we take the applications does them for $15.00.

Archived