Dream Roatan docking time - Victor Bodden

The Dream is scheduled to dock in Roatan at 8am on my sailing. I have Victor Bodden's tour scheduled. The starting time for the tour is 1 hour after the ship docks, not 1 hr after the scheduled docking. The information Victor provided states that even if the ship is early the tour still starts 1 hr after docking.

I am concerned that if the ship docks early and we are still sleeping, how will we know? What if the ship docks at 6am instead, meaning the tour will start at 7. I will probably still be sleeping.

So my questions are, those that have been on the Western Dream itinerary, what time did you dock? I want to know if the ship ever docks early. Also those that have taken Victor's tour, did you have this problem with the tours starting early because of the docking time?

My mom is considering canceling his tour. She is afraid if the ship docks early, we won't get time to eat breakfast or she will miss the tour. She doesn't want to be stuck at Mahogany Bay all day.

Also be careful because carnival uses ship time not port time on the itinerary... The Miami sailing was 2 hours off from Roatan time! No more changing clocks back at night!

Victor is very good and you don't want to miss his tour. Ask for his cousin Derick. Also email him and ask what time "ship" time are you suppose to be there. We have done him twice.

Derick took us to the local stores, where we purchase some great vanilla, and island seasonings at such a great price. He did what "ever" we wanted to do.

Cathy

Also be careful because carnival uses ship time not port time on the itinerary... The Miami sailing was 2 hours off from Roatan time! No more changing clocks back at night!

So if the ship is scheduled to dock at 8am, that would be ship time. So it may actually be 10am in Roatan. That is probably why Victor schedules his tour for an hour after the arrival. Too confusing to give an actual time if the ship and island are 2 different times.

It still does concern me about it arriving early and me not knowing. Anyone have this happen?

So if the ship is scheduled to dock at 8am, that would be ship time. So it may actually be 10am in Roatan. That is probably why Victor schedules his tour for an hour after the arrival. Too confusing to give an actual time if the ship and island are 2 different times.

It still does concern me about it arriving early and me not knowing. Anyone have this happen?

Roatan is two hours behind EST. They are in the Central Time Zone but they do not change for Daylight Savings Time. Sooo, if ship's time is 8am, Roatan's time is 6am.

Don't miss Victor Bodden's tour. It's excellent!

Every ship I have sailed on announces when the passengers can debark the ships in port. Chances are they won't be docking much earlier than scheduled.

I wouldn't cancel a great tour over this worry. You can always schedule a wake up call. I like to order room service breakfast to arrive about 30 minutes before docking time. That way I can sit on my balcony and watch the ship pull into port and be ready to get off early.

Have a great time. Victor's tours are the best bargain in the Caribbean and you will have a great time.

We arrived 2 hours early on the Dream on our trip last March. We had kind of crummy weather in Cozumel and Belize and the night before Roatan they made an announcement something to the effect of "We know the weather hasn't been great, but we have good news, the Captain and crew are going to do their best to give you a couple extra hours in Mahogany Bay tomorrow by arriving early".

Of course, I didn't *want* to get up 2 hours earlier, and hadn't read that statement on Victor's web site, so my son and I showed hoofed it out to the meeting stop about 20 minutes after scheduled arrival time. They were a bit annoyed, but we were still able to accommodate us with only a minor delay.

Since we're booking a private tour again for our December trip and I have now seen these guidelines, I plan to arrange pre-departure to NOT start early if we happen to dock early again. That may not be an option if you're on one of the packaged tours that cover multiple people/families.

Archived