Oasis Balcony description question

We are planning to cruise Oasis in September and see there are 2 different ov balconies, Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Large Balcony (50.8 sqft.) and Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (53.8 sqft.). My question is this...... Why is the Large Balcony more expensive yet it is smaller? What are the benefits of paying more for one versus the other?

The website is messed up! D2-8 are essentially the same cabins with essentially the same balcony size. I haven't measured, but it's an insignificant difference. The cabin price differences are all related to the deck ( higher is higher) and capacity ( you pay more for 3 or 4 capacity than a cabin for 2 for the first two people no matter how many you actually put in it) The caveat to this is sometimes specials are run for a catagory if it's not selling, but that's unpredictable.

D1 s are different. The cabin size is exactly the same size as all the other D's, but the balcony is larger; it's 80 sq feet and this is not mentioned on the website anywhere- that's what's messed up! D1 's defy the " higher is higher" convention because all D 1 s are priced the same on all decks! They are located on the humps, that's why the balconies are larger.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion! It would be nice if they would fix the site!:rolleyes:

We had 10198 and the cabin was the same size as everyone else's. But we had an extra large balcony. It was enjoyable to have breakfast on the balcony, and we had enough room to bring our own sand chairs ( loungers on the floor) and stretch out. But I was disappointed that there was no lounger on the balcony and we were so busy that we didn't spend as much time on the balcony as we might on another ship. I wouldn't ( and didn't) pay extra for it again on this class of ship, unless you have more than 2 in the cabin and want the extra space.

Archived