12-year-old would like her hair done in spa

KellyR

Dd (10) had her crown braided on our Disney cruise last year and she loved it. She wants to have it done on our Carnival Pride cruise. Do they have ladies on deck braiding hair on the Pride? Or would it need to be done in the salon? Or in port?

Someone mentioned having it done before they left. That would be a good idea, too. I might have to look into that. I guess calling around to salons to see who does hair braiding?

Thanks for your help!

Jeanne

Don't we women have to put up with enough pain in our lives already....cycles, heels, underwire bras, men???? Why inflict more when it's not necessary??? ;)
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Can I Get My Hair Done For Formal Night?

spacer.gif

There are various spa services that are provided onboard. Note that all services may not be available at all times on all ships, and pricing may vary slightly from ship to ship. Please visit the spa once onboard to book your appointments for any of the following services:

Hair Rituals

Shampoo and Style Dry

Shampoo, Trim or Restyle and Style Dry

Hair Up Styles

without shampoo and style dry

with shampoo and style dry

Elemis Frangipani Hair and Scalp Treatment

Men's

Men's Trim or Restyle and Style Dry

Men's Wet Cut

Beard Trim

Comb Out

Fringe Trim

Shampoo (no style dry)

Corn Braids

Corn Braid (x 1)

Corn Braid with Beads

Corn Braid Full Head

Color

Semi-Permanent Color and Style Dry

Permanent Color (roots only) and Style Dry

Permanent Color (full head) and Style Dry

Highlights and Style Dry

Partial Highlights

** Please check the availability of the following services on your cruise:

Tips and Toes Ritual

Repolish

Traditional Manicure

Elemis Exotic Hand Ritual (includes manicure)

French Spa Treatment for the Hands

Traditional Pedicure

Sole Delight Foot Ritual (includes pedicure)

Foot and Ankle Massage

Nail Fix

Acrylic Nails - Full Set (refills only)

Acrylic Nails - Full Set

Paraffin Wax

We went to the neighborhood salon before our cruise and had ours done (think it was like $40 for each of us in late 2001). We have curly/frizzy hair, so it helped with the humidity problems we usually have. I left mine in for about 3-4 days, DD left hers in a little longer. Was funny how all the other little girls had them too by the end of the cruise!

Thinking about doing it again for this next one. I don't think damage is much of a problem. Also, my daughter used to cry when I combed her hair, but seemed OK with getting the braids put in. Do be careful about the sunburn between the braids though...not too pretty when it starts to peel!

C

Being this post is old, I'll share that prior my last cruise, I wanted to get a haircut, as it was "past that point". I never did, but once onboard noticed it was looking bad in the professional pictures. Being it was raining in PR, I decided to go up to the salon to have it taken care of. Imagine my surprise when all she did was pull out one of those razor jobbies with the attachments, and proceded to scalp me. :eek:

DD started yelling at her, and it was the shortest cut I've had in probably 30 years, but the rest of the pix did come out nice!;)

I have had my hair braided several times. I have color treated long hair. I take out each braid from the end to the top-a very long process. My hair did not break. It may seem like a lot of hair is breaking, but actually it was normal hair shedding. With the hair braided- it can not shed. After taking out the braids, I wash and deep condition hair and all is fine. If you have damaged hair to begin with I would not recommend braiding. Also, you could just do a few in the front or behind the ear. Have a great trip!

Archived