Where to buy vanilla in Belize?

misskkj

In July I'll be in Belize on a Carnival cruise and want to buy some vanilla to bring back as a gift. I read to shop in a local grocery store. Anyone know where I go? Where is a grocery store? Walk there? A cab? What money do I use? USD? Where if need be can I exchange money? Yeah this is my first crusie lol. Thank you.

I don't recall seeing or hearing about vanilla for sale in Belize. We by buy ours in Cozumel.

lol oh no, maybe I have my locations wrong lol. Please tell me where u buy it there as I'll be there too. I think tomorrow I'll recheck my info and perhaps be deleting and reposting lol. Thanks.

We have been looking for vanilla in every store in Belize and Quintana Roo that we passed by, but for whatever reason we were unsuccessful. Finally we found it in the duty-free shop in Cancun airport.

Sorry that I could not be more optimistic. :(

misskkj.........The best vanilla is Mexican and I buy LOTS at Los Cinco Soles also. It is about the last shop in Cozumel. That is farthest away from your ship. They have LOTS of sizes from tiny bottles up to quarts. They make a great souvenir to ive out. I buy several for myself when I am there. I use a few bottles per year. They also sell it at the port shops but I'm not sure if Los Cinco soles is sold there. The cab ride into town was about $7 last year time I was there. Vanilla is the only thing I buy in Cozumel.

Good luck and have fun. Most Carnival cruise that stop in Belize also stop at Cozumel. It's almost next door. LOL

In July I'll be in Belize on a Carnival cruise and want to buy some vanilla to bring back as a gift. I read to shop in a local grocery store. Anyone know where I go? Where is a grocery store? Walk there? A cab? What money do I use? USD? Where if need be can I exchange money? Yeah this is my first crusie lol. Thank you.

On our last year cruise on the Dream - I bought vanila at one of shops (don't remember the store name) at the Mahagony Bay (Roatan) cruise facility it was cheaper than at the shop our tour guide took us to - Escencia De Vanilla (De Optima Calidad) 16 oz. for $5.00. If you go out there are shops on the left (I believe the 2nd building with 3 shops together).

I did buy some from Los Cinco Soles their stuffs are expensive just about on everything but you can buy much cheaper at Costa Maya.

Happy Cruising

Archived