Grand Circle M/S Provence

Kra

We are planning a trip from Paris to Nice aboard the M/S Provence. Has anyone been on this ship, any good choice of cabins, is the ship air conditioned? We would appreciate any info you can share. Thank you!

To go to the Grand Circle web site for Travelers Reviews on this cruise, click Here. The Chardoney and Provence are similar but not identical ships. You can also post questions on the Grand Circle Forum. Click Here. If you don't already have and account, create one.

If you have never traveled with Grand Circle or OAT before, and have not booked yet, you can get a $100 per person discount if you get a referral from a current customer. They also get a credit toward future travel. If you have a friend or relative that has traveled with them, get their customer number to use them as a referral. If you don't, we would be glad to give you ours.

We have taken 6 river cruises with Grand Circle and enjoyed them all. The most recent one was on the Seine. I have posted a blog on that trip. It is jackthetravelingman-seine.blogspot.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused. To the best of my knowledge the ships used on the Rhine and Mosel cruise are the River Melody, River Rhapsody and River Harmony, all 140 passenger ships, and the MS Provence, a 46 passenger ship, only does the the Cruising Burgundy and Provence itinerary.

Rich & Margaret,

We have not been on this specific cruise, but have taken 5 other Grand Circle river cruises. The one stop that is in common beteeen yours and any of ours is Koblenz. Here is a MAP of the docking location. It is in the mouth of the Mosel, right in the heart of the old part of town. Most of the docks should be similar, but, in a few cases, such a convenient docking location may not be available. If you look at the other cities with google.maps, you may be able to identify them.

You can post questions on the gct forum. See my post above. Someone should be able to give you other dock locations, but that site does not get the traffic that Cruise Critic does.

Jack

Archived