Water package

And, to all the people who are "baffled by those who spend money on water", I'm getting it because we want bottled water. Not because of health issues or anything else. We like bottled water. You can all enjoy your wine, cocktails, beers and gambling, we'll enjoy our bottled water. I'm baffled by people being so rude about other people's preferences. CC is supposed to be a place to share info and experiences. One should be able to ask about a certain drink or food or excursion without being attacked. Why should the OP feel like she owes us an explanation why she'd rather drink bottled water? I just don't get it...

well said!!!!!! :)

I can't believe that is how you're feeling after talking about the water package!! :(

:D

It's not just the water package, but whole bunch of other things I didn't know about until we had booked. Naively and having only ever travelled with P&O before, I imagined all companies to be pretty much the same when it came to what you were and weren't allowed to bring onboard. Our reasonable basic cruise cost is now looking to be adding up to considerably more, now that I've learnt about the water thing, the cost of drinks, the charge for shuttle buses etc.

BUT! This holiday is meant to get us over a pretty difficult family time, which is why we are joining our son, his wife and our grandchildren (they had already booked). So we are biting the bullet, getting a basic water package and a wine package and then we'll take it day by day.

I am sure we will have a wonderful time, expensive water or not!

:D

It's not just the water package, but whole bunch of other things I didn't know about until we had booked. Naively and having only ever travelled with P&O before, I imagined all companies to be pretty much the same when it came to what you were and weren't allowed to bring onboard. Our reasonable basic cruise cost is now looking to be adding up to considerably more, now that I've learnt about the water thing, the cost of drinks, the charge for shuttle buses etc.

BUT! This holiday is meant to get us over a pretty difficult family time, which is why we are joining our son, his wife and our grandchildren (they had already booked). So we are biting the bullet, getting a basic water package and a wine package and then we'll take it day by day.

I am sure we will have a wonderful time, expensive water or not!

When I replied earlier to your post, I thought that you were concerned about health issues related to the water onboard. I was out of line! When you are dealing with family issues and looking for a happy time, the cost of water is not important, either! I just know that the togetherness time for your family will be swell, so keep that thought! When we sail with our family, we take cards & board games and have loads of fun gaming in various locations onboard. The library on our last cruise had lots of games that could be checked out, too. I am sure that the cruiseline will do their best to entertain everyone. Happy cruising!

Only a NJ person would know "Seaside".... Memories....

We Jersey folks have to stick together... the prices 'down' the shore in Seaside could make a veteran cruiser choke! With a small family - ice cream, a water or soda and a couple games and rides and you can blow a few hundred in a night! :eek:

I'd rather be cruising anytime... even though a trip to the shore is a must for a Jersey Girl like me a few times a year.

I know where this debate is heading...

My story ~

Before we left I wanted to order the water package until I saw that $71 price tag. I pitched a fit about the cost but many thought it was reasonable as it is good fancy water.

Several folks from my Roll Call along with myself, decided to each take a case of water on the ship. We did not hide it, sneak it or even put it in the luggage. We slapped luggage tags right on the unopened cases. The unopened part is important (at least i think it is) as it clearly shows the tamper proof wrapping.

When they were taking our luggage I asked one of the guys if my water would be a problem. He said, "No problem."

Everyone who did this on our Roll Call had their water delivered to their room without problems.

I suggest keeping the water out in the open rather in luggage. Slap a luggage tag on it and it should end up in your room.

I know what it says on the website but non of the employees at the port or the luggage deliverers for RC has any issue with it. They all said it was fine.

If they do take your case of water your out $4. No need to go down to security to retrieve your luggage either if you keep it out in the open with a luggage tag.

Archived