We got caught!

What's to be sorry about?

The OP knew they were violating their cruise contract and knew the risks and penalties.

Would the person caught smuggling booze on a ship also smuggle booze into an Applebees, Friday's, Olive Garden etc? I don't like smugglers because I just have an aversion to cheapskates.

How much do you have to drink each day to make smuggling worthwhile? I'd just as soon drink in one of the many saloons than go to the trouble to sneak booze on the ship.

I'm thinking some people like to polish off their smuggled booze alone - in the dark, quiet solitude of their inside cabin. If you know what I mean...

I believe they would also lose a lot of customers. It's like the fuel surcharge. They state that they may charge the surcharge if oil gets too expensive. I believe they tried that once and got very much angry backlash. The same would happen if the refused passage to smugglers.

Besides, necessity is the mother of invention. When battlefield medicine improved, the other side found "better" ways to inflict damage that could not be treated on the battlefield. The same will happen with smuggling. People will find new and inventive ways to bring it on -- some just to see if they came up with a better mouse trap.

This is very true. But the reason they keep trying is because there is little to no consequences from their actions. What's a rum runner cost these days, a couple of bucks? I would think that if the penalty was more severe then fewer would try. And you could be right, Carnival could lose some business over it but in my opinion, there are plenty more standing in line to take the place of a few lost smugglers.

LOL you are suggesting that only boozers should be allowed to cruise. No recovering alcoholics, no expectant mothers, no one taking meds where alcohol is contraindicated..........<sigh>

Not at all, I was making a point that there are other people on the ship that dont buy drinks.

The topic was smugglers steal profit by not buying drinks. So using their logic the people not buying dringks are also stealing profit and should not be allowed also.

Yeah really!!

I did not like the price they charge for ice cream so I tried to smuggle as much as I could. I too, was VERY desperate.

Bummer, it did not work...

You have ANY idea how much I spend a day on ice cream??? Well worth the smuggling-risk!!

rookie

Would the person caught smuggling booze on a ship also smuggle booze into an Applebees, Friday's, Olive Garden etc? I don't like smugglers because I just have an aversion to cheapskates.

not restaurants, but golf courses and tailgate party's for sure.

Question for you smugglers that complain about those ridiculously high prices for alcohol on your ships.

How do you circumvent the high prices for fuel???

Don't tell me you smuggle crude and mix your own gasoline...

Huh ..... what........ If as a customer I had to provide my portion of fuel to the ship, Than yes I would. I would bring red dye diesel for off road use, why pay the road tax for a boat.

BTW what a stupid Bozo question.

How much do you have to drink each day to make smuggling worthwhile? I'd just as soon drink in one of the many saloons than go to the trouble to sneak booze on the ship.

Ok dave_k63 gets a gold star for his next sail & sign card

This is very true. But the reason they keep trying is because there is little to no consequences from their actions. What's a rum runner cost these days, a couple of bucks? I would think that if the penalty was more severe then fewer would try. And you could be right, Carnival could lose some business over it but in my opinion, there are plenty more standing in line to take the place of a few lost smugglers.

According to you it is just a FEW smugglers WTH is the big deal

No, they sell it at the bar for 50 cents a bag, dont want to send carnival into bankruptcy over a bag of popcorn

POPCORN!

I'd certainly buy that if I ever found it available.

Please tell where, if it's true.

gary

rookie

It melted. Get it??? Tough concept for some to understand, obviously...

Dude, it melted before I could get in on the ship. Hello? It was a joke. Hello again??

So how's the crude oil smuggling going? Give you a couple of weeks to figure that one out. Think gas-pump prices? Wow...

Take a few moments away from posting, take a deep breath and think about things, please. Or just sit in your dark, inside cabin and do what booze smugglers must do in dark, quiet inside rooms...

Yes, following the rules as we were all taught to do as children is outlandishly crazy behavior. Breaking the rules to do whatever one wants is the norm these days. I see evidence of that daily on I-4.

If you want to make personal attacks, go ahead, I can't stop it. But I do know where the report button is.

I can find the report button as well, but I'm not like that. I was stating the fact that you will come up with some type of reason to continue this wasted topic. I was also referring to your post regarding the drunk smuggler and causing a car crash from before in the other smuggling thread. The is nothing that you will do or say that will make anyone stop from breaking the rules. I'm not sure why you have come into this thread to just stir the pot?

I care what other people do because their actions CAN directly affect me. I know of no one that once they start breaking rules/laws, don't start breaking others as well. So say that same smuggler starts speeding in a car, it doesn't hurt anyone because they are going faster than recommended until they hit a curve that they can't negotiate and slam into another car.

the kettle looks black to me...

Great post. What are you looking for? Sticks and stones may break my bones? You don't approve of sneaking booze on board and I do. Oh well, get over it. There is really no reason for the back and forth.

Great post. What are you looking for? Sticks and stones may break my bones? You don't approve of sneaking booze on board and I do. Oh well, get over it. There is really no reason for the back and forth.

"...get over it." Over what??

Most people can afford to PURCHASE their booze on a cruise ship - even Carnival. Sorry if times are tough for you, still no excuse to smuggle, steal and make yourself look silly here.

"...get over it." Over what??

Most people can afford to PURCHASE their booze on a cruise ship - even Carnival. Sorry if times are tough for you, still no excuse to smuggle, steal and make yourself look silly here.

Nice work! 19 posts and only 2 that were useful or helpful. :rolleyes:

Nice work! 19 posts and only 2 that were useful or helpful. :rolleyes:

Sill trying to get that posts-per-day up are you?? They closed you last night but still feel it necessary to ramble on...

Precious.

78 posts in 3 years. Up to what, 0.07 per day now? Awesome...

And btw, why read my posts and complain if you have no interest in what I have to say. You just look sillier commenting on such.

Sorry you missed post #141. Oh well...

Again, sorry if times are tough for you, that's still no reason to smuggle and steal and dump on others that believe in following rules. Perhaps it was just the way you were brought up. What can we do to help and educate you to do the right things in life??

It melted. Get it??? Tough concept for some to understand, obviously...

Dude, it melted before I could get in on the ship. Hello? It was a joke. Hello again??

So how's the crude oil smuggling going? Give you a couple of weeks to figure that one out. Think gas-pump prices? Wow...

Take a few moments away from posting, take a deep breath and think about things, please. Or just sit in your dark, inside cabin and do what booze smugglers must do in dark, quiet inside rooms...

I got it, again stupid statements and questions

I can find the report button as well, but I'm not like that. I was stating the fact that you will come up with some type of reason to continue this wasted topic. I was also referring to your post regarding the drunk smuggler and causing a car crash from before in the other smuggling thread. The is nothing that you will do or say that will make anyone stop from breaking the rules. I'm not sure why you have come into this thread to just stir the pot?

Just as I'm not sure why smuggler's feel the need to shout to the world their past or upcoming illicit behavior activities. I don't expect you to stop smuggling no more than I expect to see drivers on I-4 speeding. But the drivers on I-4 don't go home, open their computer and tell the world they've been speeding for the past 10 years and will be speeding again tomorrow as well. You do and when you decide to shout your business to the world, you shouldn't be surprised when the world shouts back in a disapproving manner. Someone said here that we should mind our own business. Well, stop sticking your business out where it can be seen and no one would comment on it. :rolleyes:

I'm only posting to keep this thread alive and bump it up to the top!:D Anyway, I don't smuggle...it seems like its too much trouble for little gain. I don't really care about the arguments about contracts, etc. Who really reads those things?

I've always felt that people who feel a need to smuggle are the ones who can least afford to cruise. No reason to be ashamed...it is what it is. Trying to justify it with silly arguments (the drinks are watered down, they don't carry my brand, they're too expensive, blah, blah, blah) are just that...justifications.

I'm sure there will be people who post that they reserve suites, they're VIPs with hundreds of cruises under their belts, etc. Just more white noise.

So, the bottom line...if you smuggle don't advertise it and brag about it. All it does is prove you really can't afford to cruise. Why point that out to the world?

It's way at the bottom under the B.S. section along with things like "smuggling 8 ounces of booze is stealing from the shareholders" section. :D

LOL Robbing the shareholders. Some people need to get off their high horse.

Archived