We got caught!

"...get over it." Over what??

Most people can afford to PURCHASE their booze on a cruise ship - even Carnival. Sorry if times are tough for you, still no excuse to smuggle, steal and make yourself look silly here.

Steal?

Random for sure! On my Legend cruise out of Tampa, I had packed my soda and champagne in my carry-on. As I approached the security belt, the employee manning it says, "bags on the belt...people walk forward" and not an ounce of inspection. I was soooo worried about it that I actually said, "Don't you want me to open my bag so you can look at my bottles?" and his response was, "No. NEXT person please"! Made me wish I had put a bottle of hard liquor in there instead of champagne! There were 5 in our group and not a single bag/bottle was given a second glance. :rolleyes:

Nine checked bags had multiple Rum Runners and they ALL made it through.

I think that has changed. When I got on Triumph May 7th they not only looked they even opened my unopened 12 pack of diet coke and checked each can. I'm not sure how they thought I would get booze through the aluminum into a pressurized can??? :confused:

Correct, because you don't have to smuggle to have a good time or enjoy a cruise.

What bothers me, other than the obvious cruise contract stuff, is that smuggling is really stealing from the shareholders, the owners of the company. Many members of Cruise Critic are also Carnival shareholders and the simple fact is that smuggling reduces profits and reduced profits causes the price of the stock to go down.

I've never smuggled on any of my 17 cruises but I wish they would allow the wine to be the kind in the plastic pouch so that I could still bring on wine when flying to port. I'm afraid a bottle would get broken in my luggage and also the glass adds to the weight of the luggage. And you cant carry on that much liquid with TSP regs.

The last time I read the cruise contract I must have missed the part about tuxedos and lobster tails!:rolleyes:

OK, while I have not smuggled booze (YET!) I do love those lobster tails and ALWAYS eat 2. Heck one time the waiter misunderstood and brought 3. I didn't eat my potatoes bread or veggies that dinner BUT Gee I just had to eat those 3 lobster tails, seeing as they were already on the table!

Just as I'm not sure why smuggler's feel the need to shout to the world their past or upcoming illicit behavior activities. I don't expect you to stop smuggling no more than I expect to see drivers on I-4 speeding. But the drivers on I-4 don't go home, open their computer and tell the world they've been speeding for the past 10 years and will be speeding again tomorrow as well. You do and when you decide to shout your business to the world, you shouldn't be surprised when the world shouts back in a disapproving manner. Someone said here that we should mind our own business. Well, stop sticking your business out where it can be seen and no one would comment on it. :rolleyes:

7, 8, 9 and 10. Thinking gumby13 is down for the count...

Nice KO there Out to sea!

Now if he only stays down...

I'm only posting to keep this thread alive and bump it up to the top!:D Anyway, I don't smuggle...it seems like its too much trouble for little gain. I don't really care about the arguments about contracts, etc. Who really reads those things?

I've always felt that people who feel a need to smuggle are the ones who can least afford to cruise. No reason to be ashamed...it is what it is. Trying to justify it with silly arguments (the drinks are watered down, they don't carry my brand, they're too expensive, blah, blah, blah) are just that...justifications.

I'm sure there will be people who post that they reserve suites, they're VIPs with hundreds of cruises under their belts, etc. Just more white noise.

So, the bottom line...if you smuggle don't advertise it and brag about it. All it does is prove you really can't afford to cruise. Why point that out to the world?

ding, ding, ding, ding...

We have a BINGO!!!

Wrong. I smuggle because I won't pay those outrageous Bon Voyage costs, and not because I can't afford to pay them. If they were closer to reality in price, then I would be happy to order bottles, but when they're highway robbery, no way!

We'll also get drink cards and go through them on board for beer and my White Russians. However, I make a much better margarita than the ship offers and we enjoy drinking them on the balconies of the aftwrap suites that we always get. We're not heavy drinkers, but we sure do enjoy a couple drinks in our room after a day of diving. And, oh yeah, I'm a stockholder, too. Don't generalize. Too many people on high horses here.

Wrong. I smuggle because I won't pay those outrageous Bon Voyage costs, and not because I can't afford to pay them. If they were closer to reality in price, then I would be happy to order bottles, but when they're highway robbery, no way!

We'll also get drink cards and go through them on board for beer and my White Russians. However, I make a much better margarita than the ship offers and we enjoy drinking them on the balconies of the aftwrap suites that we always get. We're not heavy drinkers, but we sure do enjoy a couple drinks in our room after a day of diving. And, oh yeah, I'm a stockholder, too. Don't generalize. Too many people on high horses here.

hmmm smuggling is justified because you don't approve of the "exhorbitant"cost of booze - how do you act in an upscale restaurant, where the price of booze is every bit as high, if not higher than on a cruise ship? What about an airport bar? What about a high priced hotel room - is it justified to sneak in for the night?

On our recent Carnival Pride cruise I put Jim Beam in a Listerine bottle along with shampoo and lotions. I sealed them in air tight plastic like we do to our steaks at home before freezing them!

Oh, so if it's "allowed" then it's OK to "rob the shareholders" of profits??

Talking in circles are you? The good old double standard at play.

It's not robbing the shareholders if they allow it. Multiple servings of lobster is allowed. I understand that some people only see one side of the story. :rolleyes: By the way that peson was not talking in circles. Actually made sense.

It's not robbing shareholders of profits when Carnival has an all you can buffet available to all on board. The same is applied in the dining room where you can order to your heart's content. If it ever becomes a problem for them and they're losing the money on the deal, then I'm certain they'll change the policy.

The attitudes by some on this board is why a typcial Carnival cruise now looks like the People of Walmart site.

The security industry has technology that can spot fruit or vegetables in luggage. The technology can also show alcohol, the different percentages are different shades of yellow and green. The cruise lines can tell what is in your luggage without going into it, and whether it is wine or liquor.

You must be refering to newer machines? I have only seen the Smith Heimann machines at the ports I have been to. Those machines show your rum runners in bright neon orange:eek: It is a handy piece of equipment to have to practice hiding techniques!:D

hmmm smuggling is justified because you don't approve of the "exhorbitant"cost of booze - how do you act in an upscale restaurant, where the price of booze is every bit as high, if not higher than on a cruise ship? What about an airport bar? What about a high priced hotel room - is it justified to sneak in for the night?

What did I tell you...people and their justifications. Just white noise.

I don't stay in an upscale restaurant or airport for 10-15 days and nights in a row. And, if the drinks are outrageously priced in those places, I don't order them. What the heck does sneaking into a hotel room have to do with this, like anyone could sneak into a hotel room? You're comparing apples and oranges.

And we'll bet you indeed "reserve suites, are VIPs with hundreds of cruises under your belt, etc..."

Marvelous, just marvelous!

And tell us please, how do you justify spending upwards of $4 for a gallon of gas. You smuggle crude, also??

BINGO x2!

I don't stay in an upscale restaurant or airport for 10-15 days and nights in a row. And, if the drinks are outrageously priced in those places, I don't order them. What the heck does sneaking into a hotel room have to do with this, like anyone could sneak into a hotel room? You're comparing apples and oranges.

No not really. Just comparing someone to white noise...

...like anyone could sneak into a hotel room...

I'm sure someone would try, tell us how they did it and later brag about it right here.

I think the anti smugglers must be messing with people. With all the problems this world has, their cause is to convince people not to smuggle? Really?

It's because they don't feel it's "right" and can't do it themselves. They could care less about Carnival's bottom line.

It's because they don't feel it's "right"...

Correct.

...and can't do it themselves.

No not can't, the word is won't. As most cruisers FOLLOW the rules there coach...

Man, you need to read the previous posts and "get with the program" there coach.

I also thought "coaches" are the ones to lead by example?

I think the anti smugglers must be messing with people. With all the problems this world has, their cause is to convince people not to smuggle? Really?

NO - this thread was started by someone complaining that they got caught.

Archived