Pier 91 Check-in/after cruise transport

jlbartley

I'm with a group of 4 on Royal Carribean Rhapsody of the Seas leaving 6/29 from Seattle.

We arrive 6/28 and we're planning to stay at the LaQuinta Inn near Sea Tac or maybe the Sleep Inn and take a town car ($55) to Pier 91 on 6/29.

We're thinking that we would maybe get to the terminal at around 9am and would like to check in then, get everything set with the ship and then go sightsee until we have to be back on the ship.

Can we fully check in and then take a taxi or something down to Pike's Place? If not we will drop off our luggage and come back in time to check-in.

What time would we have to be back by?

Second question, after the cruise we will have 3 people going to the airport and I will be staying in Seattle. My husband flies in that night at 9pm and we are staying in an airport hotel and then heading out to Olympic National Park. I would love to see more of Seattle between the time we get off the cruise and when my husband flies in but I'm trying to figure out what to do with my luggage. I've seen this question posted and know that the terminal will hold luggage until 3pm but I have quite a bit more time than that. Any other thoughts?

I've thought about picking up our rental car early and storing my luggage in it but that seems like it might be a waste of time. I have not booked the rental car yet and have checked out places near the pier as well as the airport and it seems that I can get a better rate at the airport. I'm thinking to just have my husband pick this up when he gets in at night. I would then have to figure out where to store my luggage for the day and then how to get to the airport or the hotel to meet him. We are staying at the Raddison near the airport. Just wondering if someone can give me some ideas of what they would do in this situation.

We are staying at the Raddison near the airport. Just wondering if someone can give me some ideas of what they would do in this situation.

Sorry, I can't help you with the first part. However, some suggestions for part 2.

After your cruise, you may wish to cab it to the Radisson. They'll be happy to store your luggage since you will be a guest of the house. In fact, they may go ahead and check you in, and you can put your luggage in your room. Then, see if Radisson's shuttle will take you over to the airport, jump on the metro rail and take that back downtown.

There's a lot to see in do in downtown Seattle and there's a fare-free zone down there that you can hop on and off the bus whenever you like. Pike's Place Market is fun, and there are several excellent places to have seafood or whatever. Jack's Fish Spot sells fish and has a restaurant in back for good eating.

If you like small towns with lots of shops, jump on the ferry at Pier 55 and take a 30-minute ride to Bainbridge Island. It's a 5-minute walk to the rows of shops, coffee houses, and eating places. Get a schedule and find out what time you need to be at the ferry to return to Seattle though they run virtually every hour.

In downtown Seattle, there's an underground tour of old Seattle. You can ride the monorail to the Needle. It costs $19 to go up, but it's fun to see it close up. There are some good places to hang out along the piers (stay away from Ivar's restaurant). You can get a tour of the harbor (1 hour) for not much money (the Argosy lines) on Pier 54 (I think that's the right one).

Ride the metro back to the airport to meet your husband. Be aware that car rental has all moved to an off-airport facility. Catch the bus at each gate 24 or gate 1 of the baggage claim area. About a 5-minute ride.

Most of all, have fun!:D

Thanks for the info. I was debating on if I should just hit the hotel after getting off of the ship. Even if I can't check in they can at least hold my luggage for me. Since my party needs to get to the airport I could even ride with them and possibly walk over to the hotel or have the taxi/town car that we get drop me off there or go to the airport and have the hotel shuttle pick me up at the airport and get to me to the hotel.

I'm leaning towards that being my best way to get the luggage out of the way. I might also pick up the rental car then and leave it at the hotel as well.

Sounds like I'm best off to not have this with me in downtown Seattle I'm guessing.

I might also pick up the rental car then and leave it at the hotel as well.

Sounds like I'm best off to not have this with me in downtown Seattle I'm guessing.

No, don't take your car downtown. It's very expensive to park. But, if you wait until the next morning to rent the car, you'll save an extra day's rent (and they aren't cheap).

Regards.

Personally I'd just get off the ship and go downtown. Any of the big hotels downtown will hold a suitcase or two if you tip the bell guy. Not a big issue. There are shuttles downtown from Pier 91 on Shuttle Express for $10 but a cab may not be much more than that. Its a big production to go all the way to the airport just to drop a bag then return to downtown. If you got downtown early enough there would be plenty of time to do a city tour. If you check with

toursnorthwest.com

or

toursofseattle.com

they may allow you to bring your luggage then drop you at your airport hotel which would solve all your issues. Most won't pick up at the dock however they all do tours starting early afternoon.

Archived