Booked on the Star for 12/28/05 - what can i expect?

We're spending part of the holidays on the Star Princess...the 12/28 sailing. I've sailed on the Grand and loved her dearly. What can I expect on the Star since she is a sister ship? I have a mini-suite this time (just a plain balcony cabin on the Grand) - and yes, I already know about the balcony exposure from above...

So let's here some reviews of the Star and what shouldn't be missed!

We did the Golden and then the Star. One big difference I found was that the Star has great big wet and dry saunas in each of the men's and women's change rooms. I loved using the wet sauna, don't miss it.

The Star is beautiful you will love it. You are on the cruise I want to go on but won't be able to. I wish that it wasn't just a one time thing for the Star and that it would sail there all winter long.

We just came back off the Star to.

Dont miss the VIP spa - if your into saunas, steam room, and large heated ceramic beds to relax on in peace and quiet this is definately worth while.

Dont miss the mini golf - we did - and we have been racking our brains as to why we didnt see it. According to another thread most people dont find it!

Dont miss the culinary show in the Princess Theatre, if they do it on your cruise its one of the funniest things ever

We did everything so this list could be massive but our favouite place on ship apart from the restaurants and bars!! was definately the spa

Enjoy your cruise:D

We really enjoyed the Star Princess. The food was great, the service outstanding throughout the ship. The only down side, and it wasn't major, was that the ship did rock a bit more than the other two ships we were on...and it wasn't because of rough seas, but like I said, it wasn't so bad as to get sea sick but it was noticable.

We really enjoyed the Star Princess. The food was great, the service outstanding throughout the ship. The only down side, and it wasn't major, was that the ship did rock a bit more than the other two ships we were on...and it wasn't because of rough seas, but like I said, it wasn't so bad as to get sea sick but it was noticable.

Hmmm. We found the Star to be super stable. We did sail on very calm waters, though. We had a forward cabin - our first time far forward and I was concerned. But it was the quietest cabin we ever had. I was even a bit disappointed that we didn't even feel gentle rocking as we do on other ships.

If Jere Ring is still performing in the Promenade Lounge, don't miss him. Very entertaining.

Afternoon Tea....a very nice break in the day.

This ship did rock and roll quite a bit on the eastern route. They actually lowered the water level in the pool on the last day.

Wonderful cruise and ship!!

Kajokg, I have heard other people comment about the rocking also, however, that may have been before you were on the ship. I'm thinking that maybe something was fixed between those times (maybe the stablizers)...I don't know for sure. Anyway, we were between the middle and the rear of the ship, so I don't know if that made a difference either. Either way, She's a beautiful ship and the crew and captain were first rate!

Kajokg, I have heard other people comment about the rocking also, however, that may have been before you were on the ship. I'm thinking that maybe something was fixed between those times (maybe the stablizers)...I don't know for sure. Anyway, we were between the middle and the rear of the ship, so I don't know if that made a difference either. Either way, She's a beautiful ship and the crew and captain were first rate!

Stranger1 -- You could be right. When did you sail on the Star? We went last week in April...came back on May 1 of this year. We did the Western Carib. Could that make a difference?

We did the Western also but on January 2nd. I looked on the TV screen to see the ships report and all it said was the sea was mild (or whatever the term was for calm).

We live in FL and I can tell you that often the seas are rougher in January. But if you saw that the seas were mild, then perhaps it was a ship problem which has since been fixed. Whatever the case, the Star is a great ship isn't she?

You have to see everything! Absolutely everything on there is great. We went in November to the Western Caribbean and it was a little rocky but then again it was the tail end of hurricane season.

Karen

Star Princess November 2004 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess October 2005 Eastern

If Jere Ring is still performing in the Promenade Lounge, don't miss him. Very entertaining.

Afternoon Tea....a very nice break in the day.

This ship did rock and roll quite a bit on the eastern route. They actually lowered the water level in the pool on the last day.

Wonderful cruise and ship!!

I forgot to mention him - I second that - Jere Ring is great get there early(ish) if you want a good seat

Archived