Carnival Glory Questions

mj

Have a question about the Supper Club. What is the dress code. We will not be attending on a formal night. RCCL ships speciality restaurants have been business casual.

The other question is concerning debarkation. If we are on the Lido deck, what is our chances of our color being in one of the earlier groups called? Or does Carnival just randomly call the colors?

You can check out a thread about the Supper Club Dress Codes here.

From what I gather, a jacket and tie are required on formal nights. I remember, on the first formal night, we were in the Emerald Room (Glory supper club), my husband asked the host if he could remove his tux jacket as he was too warm. That wasn't a problem.

Also, according to Serene56 in this thread (post#3), "Nick & Noras (Miracle supper club) does have a dress code. On formal nights you will need a jacket and tie. On other nights the dress code is scaled down. We went on Thursday and was told dress pants and a dress shirt was all that was needed."

I can't help with your debarkation question. I seem to remember being told to wait in the auditorium.

Hope that helps,

Cheeky

We sailed on the Glory 4/9. It is my understanding that there is no set procotol, etc, for customs to announce decks. We were late getting into port and self-assist wasn't called until 9:00 a.m. We loved the way the Glory did disembarkation. We went up to breakfast around 8:00 a.m. or so, took a few last looks at some of our favorite spots and then back to our room (after self-assist called) and enjoyed our balcony for the last time. The announcements on this morning could be heard in our cabins so you didn't have to keep your door open. I believe the call was made for decks top to bottom after self-assist. We were deck 6 (upper) and didn't get called until 9:45 a.m. You then have to make your way off the ship and then down into the building area for customs. Then you just go down to the luggage area which is just like an airport since your luggage is on a carosel not in a huge area. It took us just an hour to debark the ship.

We sailed on the Glory 4/23. We were late getting back to Port Canaveral, it was after 9:00 am when we docked. We were also on Lido but decided to wait at the Amber Palace, deck 3, since the gangplank is on deck 3. Self assist disembarkation was called first. Then they started calling regular disembark. before all the self-assist decks were called. In both cases, decks 12 and 11 were called first, then the pattern seemed to be deck 1, 10, 2, 9 etc.

Just a question not really related to the Glory.. What is self-assist?

It is when you take all of your bags off the ship with you, rather than leaving them out. It is only available to US Citizens however... and unless you have little luggage, it can be a pain... you have to lug your luggage down the stairs... but those that do it get off the ship early.

Archived