Dress Code in the Dining Rooms

OceanBull

DH will not be wearing a tie, but he will be wearing a sports coat.....

I will wear a black "cocktail" dress for formal night, but I think our son will wear khaki shorts and a polo. I'm not going out and buying dressy clothes for our 7 year old who will grow out of it before he has occasion to wear it again.

I hope no one will be offended by what We choose to wear on our vacation......

Soon to be Mrs. Taddeo. 8-10-12

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have read the dress code and question what is considered appropriate for my 11 year old son in the MDR. Are children allowed to wear shorts (not on formal nights)? It does specifically say no basketball shorts, but he lives in these... They are clean and fit properly and always wears a neat clean tshirt, is this acceptable or does he need to wear nicer shorts, khaki or plaid with a polo shirt?

I have read the dress code and question what is considered appropriate for my 11 year old son in the MDR. Are children allowed to wear shorts (not on formal nights)? It does specifically say no basketball shorts, but he lives in these... They are clean and fit properly and always wears a neat clean tshirt, is this acceptable or does he need to wear nicer shorts, khaki or plaid with a polo shirt?

I think if it specifically says no basketball shorts then id comply with that. My son will be wearing khaki or black or printed shorts to the MDR but the fun of it is to get a little dressed up I think. Ball gowns and tux's are a little over the top IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband's suit will fit him, and my dresses come from either Macy's or Dillards as I don't buy clothes at Walmart or Kmart. You can't say that the people who cruise Carnival buy their clothes there. Now I am beginning to wonder if Carnival is the Walmart cruiseline :confused:.

of course it is no matter what people want you to believe.

I hope you have a great cruise in spite of that. :)

Bill

The family and I will be sailing on the Paradise on August 11 and I was wondering what the dress code was in the dining rooms. On past cruises, before the kids, I dressed up on the formal nights in full jacket and tie and still wore button up shirts and slacks on the other nights. The last cruise we went with the kids two years ago was on NCL and the dress code was very casual. I don't need to show up in cut off jean shorts (actually I wouldn't do that anywhere) but I don't want to take a full suit this time either. I'm on vacation not on business. Can I wear a button up shirt with tie on formal night and polos on the other nights? I know many of you like the tradition and want to put on your best threads so I don't want to offend anyone but I just want to relax.;)

Yep and you can skip the tie, too. The taste of the food and the service received will be the same with or without fancy duds.

We were on the Legend last week. I was surprised that the majority of the men wore suits. DH wore a dress shirt and tie which was fine. A small number of men wore polo shirts which really didn't meet the criteria for formal night.

We sat near the entrance and saw a few families in shorts and t-shirts turned away on the formal nights.

Maybe because it was a week-long cruise. Might not be a correlation, but I'd think you get more experienced passengers on those.

That's the kind of attitude that has decended elegant night into what it is, "dealers choice." AND, I have never seen guy drape his jacket over the back of his chair during dinner in MDR. I understand the luggage problem of carrying your "sunday feathers" but to me dressing up is a sign of respect. Am I offended by the way someone else dresses? NO, but wearing a decent shirt and tie shouldn't be to much to ask.

I did it on Ecstasy because the MDR was so freaking hot. I'm a guy who works in a suit three days out of the week, so I'm completely comfortable wearing a jacket and tie. I live in Georgia, so I'm used to dealing with heat while wearing a suit. However, it was unbearable that night.

I think as long as you're clean and presentable, wear what you like it's your vacation. The only request I have and I wish Carnival would enforce is, PLEASE guys no sleeveless T's!!!! We saw some guy walk in on Elegant Night, arms in the air:eek:so gross. We were going to Lunch at In n Out today and I asked my son to please change out of his. It's just out of respect for the other diners.

Archived