Epic Haven for the first time

We will be going on the Epic in June in suit 17023. From what I have read it looks like we really do not need to book any shows nor specialty restaurants in advance of boarding the ship. I understand that the suites have priority seating. Is that correct? Also I had read somewhere that a phone is provided to contact the butler if something is needed. Is that correct? One more item. My childrens cell phones will not work on the ship but my wife and mine will. Does anyone have suggestions on how to contact our kids while on ship? walkie talkies?

Your concierge will generally be able to get you into the shows and restaurants that you want, but there's no downside to booking the times you want in advance. The VIP area in the Epic Theater is simply where they put the suite passengers that have reservations for the show. The concierge walks you in early. However, you still need a reservation, made either in advance or by the concierge once you get on the ship.

You can contact your butler or concierge using your suite phone

Using phones on the ship is very expensive. We simply arranged meeting times and checked in with each other when we were going somewhere different. That way I knew where to find folks. We left notes in the cabin when we couldn't find each other. I never once thought it would be nice to have a walkie talkie. On such a big ship with so much metal the range is pretty miserable.

We will be going on the Epic in June in suit 17023. From what I have read it looks like we really do not need to book any shows nor specialty restaurants in advance of boarding the ship. I understand that the suites have priority seating. Is that correct? Also I had read somewhere that a phone is provided to contact the butler if something is needed. Is that correct? One more item. My childrens cell phones will not work on the ship but my wife and mine will. Does anyone have suggestions on how to contact our kids while on ship? walkie talkies?

Hi Angelfan, we are going to be in suite 17023 on June 17 sailing and booked all our shows and specialty restaurants in advance. We didn't want to do any planning once vacation starts. Walkie talkies are a great way to keep in touch with kids, that's what we do all the time.

Archived