Flying Air Canada - Directions to DME

Bonds73

Happy Friday :)

We will be flying Air Canada into Orlando Airport and I was just wondering if anyone knew the best way to the Disney Magical Express desk? I was told it can be a bit confusing so I was hoping that maybe someone on here had some experience that they could share.

Hi there.

I have no direct experience with DME, but will be using it this coming December so am also curious to see if you get any responses from others who have used this service.

What I recall from my last trip to MCO in late 2010, was that the DME desk is on the level where the luggage carousels are located. If memory serves me, and please forgive me if I'm wrong as I only noticed casually, if you are facing the carousels with your back to the street, the DME desk is all the way against the far end of the terminal on the left hand side.

In any case, I'm sure you will have no issue with locating it, or finding some staff to direct you.

If you don't mind my asking, are you having Disney deliver your luggage directly to the resort or are you planning on picking it up yourself? I recognize the convenience of having them handle it for me but am leery of it going missing.

Jill

DME is located on the B side of the airport, so it really depends on what gate you come in to give you specific directions. Basically once you exit the monorail into the main terminal, look to the left/right to find side B, head down to level 1 and DME is all the way to the right on the end. There should be signs directing you. Here is a map

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/FAQ/OIA_Map.pdf

What I recall from my last trip to MCO in late 2010, was that the DME desk is on the level where the luggage carousels are located. If memory serves me, and please forgive me if I'm wrong as I only noticed casually, if you are facing the carousels with your back to the street, the DME desk is all the way against the far end of the terminal on the left hand side.

Folks, just as a little background I have worked at MCO for the last ten years.

The DME and DCL check-in desks are located on the 1st floor on the B side. Bag claim is on the 2nd floor, and the main terminal is on the third floor.

Since you're on an Air Canada international flight, you'll be arriving at the Customs area on "Airside 1", which is gates 1 through 29. Once you clear Customs, you'll take the tram/monorail in to the main terminal, arriving on the third floor. Follow the signs for Bag Claim B, but bypass bag claim and continue on to the first floor. Directional signs are posted on all the columns on the first floor.

Hi there.

I have no direct experience with DME, but will be using it this coming December so am also curious to see if you get any responses from others who have used this service.

In any case, I'm sure you will have no issue with locating it, or finding some staff to direct you.

If you don't mind my asking, are you having Disney deliver your luggage directly to the resort or are you planning on picking it up yourself? I recognize the convenience of having them handle it for me but am leery of it going missing.

Jill

I like you was a bit nervous not collecting my own bags however I have had many friends use it and they have never had any problems. I've also been reading info here and on another Disney message board and everyone has nothing but great things to say about the service. There is always a chance that something could go wrong but I'd say we probably have a better chance with the airlines losing it first :)

The downside with flying Air Canada is that all their flights fly through Canada which means we have to clear customs at our connnecting airport. I am not looking foward to that especially when we will have a 2 year old in tow so not having to worry about bags once we arrive in Orlando is actually a nice bonus. Hopefully AC will have all their issues resolved before we fly in September otherwise we may never get to Disney, lol !!!!

DME is located on the B side of the airport, so it really depends on what gate you come in to give you specific directions. Basically once you exit the monorail into the main terminal, look to the left/right to find side B, head down to level 1 and DME is all the way to the right on the end. There should be signs directing you. Here is a map

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/FAQ/OIA_Map.pdf

Thank-you, I will print that off to have with me just in case :)

Folks, just as a little background I have worked at MCO for the last ten years.

The DME and DCL check-in desks are located on the 1st floor on the B side. Bag claim is on the 2nd floor, and the main terminal is on the third floor.

Since you're on an Air Canada international flight, you'll be arriving at the Customs area on "Airside 1", which is gates 1 through 29. Once you clear Customs, you'll take the tram/monorail in to the main terminal, arriving on the third floor. Follow the signs for Bag Claim B, but bypass bag claim and continue on to the first floor. Directional signs are posted on all the columns on the first floor.

Thank-you so much, this information has been very helpful :)

Archived