Fee for Steakhouse?

barbatkins

Just curious.......when did the fee for the Steakhouse go up to $35.00 per person? We cruise a lot but don't often do the specialty dining on Carnival.......and I was just on their website and was totally surprised to see that it now costs $35.00 pp

Just curious.......when did the fee for the Steakhouse go up to $35.00 per person? We cruise a lot but don't often do the specialty dining on Carnival.......and I was just on their website and was totally surprised to see that it now costs $35.00 pp

I'm not so sure it went up...it was $30.00 PP in April. Where did you read it went up to 35?

I'm not so sure it went up...it was $30.00 PP in April. Where did you read it went up to 35?

JUST READ IT........like 15 minutes ago on CCL's website under their Questions and Answers section.......and just clicked on "Steakhouse" and among other info, it said the price is $35.00 pp

I just read the same thing. Oh well, I thought it was $30.00 pp. $5.00 more isn't too bad. I am glad we have OBC though, just in case. :)

I just read the same thing. Oh well, I thought it was $30.00 pp. $5.00 more isn't too bad. I am glad we have OBC though, just in case. :)

I think its BAD.......when they first introduced it years ago, it was only $20......then quickly went to $25....... then $30....... now $35.00 pp Thats a LOT of money.....

guess after I use my "one time free specialty dining" under the new loyalty program, I'll be eating in the MDR ..........forever.......ha!!

I think its BAD.......when they first introduced it years ago, it was only $20......then quickly went to $25....... then $30....... now $35.00 pp Thats a LOT of money.....

guess after I use my "one time free specialty dining" under the new loyalty program, I'll be eating in the MDR ..........forever.......ha!!

Wait until next year, it'll be $50.00. LOL But you never know. I have only been on one cruise so far, with another booked in August. I guess since I am still new to cruising, I am ok with the $5.00 hike. Although if it did hit $50.00, I would most likely eat in the MDR. :cool:

We ate in Diamonds Steakhouse on the Liberty less than two weeks ago and it was $35pp. Tests including gratuity which is a deal in itself. We left an extra tip because it was sooo good!! Maybe if the food hadn't gone downhill so much over the recent years we wouldn't have to make steakhouse reservations!! Lol

Now having said that, I haven't been on on of the smaller Fantasy class ships since I was in high school (I'm 28 now)...wondering if the Ecstasy will possibly have better food being that there's no steakhouse? Most of the reviews I've read already have kinda put a bad taste in my mouth already (no pun intended) regarding the food on the ship.

We ate in Diamonds Steakhouse on the Liberty less than two weeks ago and it was $35pp. Tests including gratuity which is a deal in itself. We left an extra tip because it was sooo good!! Maybe if the food hadn't gone downhill so much over the recent years we wouldn't have to make steakhouse reservations!! Lol

Now having said that, I haven't been on on of the smaller Fantasy class ships since I was in high school (I'm 28 now)...wondering if the Ecstasy will possibly have better food being that there's no steakhouse? Most of the reviews I've read already have kinda put a bad taste in my mouth already (no pun intended) regarding the food on the ship.

I just got off a RCCL transatlantic the end of April and even though the ships are beautiful, the food was NOT even close to as good as Carnival....... however, I do think springing for an extra $70 per couple ....... for a steakhouse dinner....... is alot.

I started cruising in the mid-80's when the food in the MDR was that good..... kinda sad its come down to this.......

I think that $35 is pushing our personal "acceptable" level for extra cost. The meal is better than the MDR meal but, since we are already paying for "a meal" as part of the overall cost, I'm not sure it is worth $35 more for a mid-level steakhouse.

The steakhouse is not "Golden Corral' but it isn't "Ruth's Chris" either. It was a very good experience but not exceptional. It was the kind of meal we'd pay about $100 for with a bottle of wine. $70 without the wine is pushing it for two people since the wine is still on top of that (unless it is the free night). If it goes much higher, it won't be on our list of things to do.

Everyone will have to make their own decision on how far the price can go up before it becomes a bad deal.

Ouch

Yes it started cheaper. Also ...when it started the "fee" was clearly including tip...or in place of tip

I personally leave the tips on , and encourage others to do so..

but honestly I don't see the need to tip anyone any extra on Carnival

especially since they got their "raise" and are cutting back on things

As far as the steakhouse..I might do it again...but NO extra tip

period

and I hope others who brag about the tips they leave at the steakhouse will consider the extra $5 a tip

JMO of course

what do you mean "tests including gratuity"...and honestly why leave a tip if the tip is included??

30 on Glory in April and service was abysmal with dinner taking just over 3 hours.

No porterhouse and steaks had a lot of fat and waiter was nowhere to be seen. Never brought some sides and when we complained to manager on the way out all she said was she would speak to waiter.

Complained on comment survey we received and no answer so think we will stick with DR.

30 on Glory in April and service was abysmal with dinner taking just over 3 hours.

No porterhouse and steaks had a lot of fat and waiter was nowhere to be seen. Never brought some sides and when we complained to manager on the way out all she said was she would speak to waiter.

Complained on comment survey we received and no answer so think we will stick with DR.

so it sorta "de-values" the one new good perk of the new Loyalty Program, huh?

Exactly....$35 and no Porterhouse ....... Cahills Downhill ..........welcome to it.

I have no need to go back to it.........good luck Cahill .....oh and don’t give me the stock price is up....there stock is anemic from its $60 all time high....it may be a different market but RCCL not far out from its all time high!!!

Exactly....$35 and no Porterhouse ....... Cahills Downhill ..........welcome to it.

I have no need to go back to it.........good luck Cahill .....oh and don’t give me the stock price is up....there stock is anemic from its $60 all time high....it may be a different market but RCCL not far out from its all time high!!!

Be nice now!! I am a stockholder of both CCL and RCCL and in all honesty (and you know it) when CCL stock went that high........it SPLIT and we got double our shares......

has nothing to do with the fact that they UPPED the price of the Steakhouse.....again......

and the question is whether or not its worth it???

Not...

Everytime I went by the Steak House on the Spirit it didn't seem that busy to me. I asked my wife if she wanted to do it once but she was happy with the food in the MDR (as I was). I guess it was busier than I thought otherwise how could they raise the cost? Regardless, I really don't think it would be worth $35.00 PP.

Husband and I ate at the steakhouse on the Liberty last August. We were the only party dining for over an hour. By the time we left there were maybe 4 tables occupied. The place was empty at $30.00 a head...

Yea it is,

Because most go in pairs or pairs of couples, that is outragous, and the only people it is going to hurt for the next year is the servers, because people like me will not tip extra because the price went up $10.00 per couple.

Yea I said it, I WONT TIP EXTRA because Carnival got greedy.

The meal is not worth $30.00 per person.

Archived