Cruises out of San Juan

techgirl502

I've gone on several out of San Juan and they were all english speaking. The only spanish cruise I've gone on was on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas out of Colon. That cruise is mainly marketed to South Americans and we were only one of 100 english speaking people on the cruise. I was aware the primary laguage would be spanish when I booked the cruise, but not everyone was. They actually had a special "get together" for all the english speaking people.

Those are called immersion cruises and spanish was the main language spoken on the cruise, although they did follow up their announcements in english as well. I've seen some European cruises labeled "immursion" cruises as well.

We had a great time! I just always asked to be seated at meals with only english speaking people as I though it would be ackward to sit with others and not be able to communicate!! Crew spoke both languages.

Archived