Dream Med Medley just back.

Got back yesterday, it's so cold here! Another great cruise on the Dream, weather was brill and stops good, although done most of them before!

The show team were the best we have seen, they were all spot on! As we left the new show team were boarding to take over after the 16th June.

Also read in the inflight mag that the Dream and another ship (not named) are getting a little update with new furniture and flat screen TV,s sometime soon.

We were in cabin 5135 just down from previous 5115, both are very quiet and comfortable.

Bibbage

bibbage,

hope you had a good holiday. can you tell me where the ship berthed at livorno, was it a shuttle bus ride away from the town.

what was the cost of shuttle bus?

was on the ship last year and it was £5 as you couldnt walk through the industrial part of the port.

clem

Got back yesterday, it's so cold here! Another great cruise on the Dream, weather was brill and stops good, although done most of them before!

The show team were the best we have seen, they were all spot on! As we left the new show team were boarding to take over after the 16th June.

Also read in the inflight mag that the Dream and another ship (not named) are getting a little update with new furniture and flat screen TV,s sometime soon.

We were in cabin 5135 just down from previous 5115, both are very quiet and comfortable.

Bibbage

Glad you had a good time - pleased too that the shows are living up to the usual Thomson standard. It's the Celebration which, with the Dream, is due for an up-grade. Here is a link;

http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2012/04/thomson-cruises-going-platinum/#.T8tGz1IniSo

Clem28 - we did the Med Medley cruise on 5 May. In Livorno the ship to town walk was just 5 minutes so no need for a shuttle bus. We found Livorno much more interesting than we had expected - we wandered round all morning then returned to the ship for an early lunch before an afternoon excursion to Pisa and Winery.

Bibbage

we were on dream the week before you and we too had a great time.we didnt realise the show team were about to change does this include stephen guy and his wife sam (head dancer)

bibbage,

hope you had a good holiday. can you tell me where the ship berthed at livorno, was it a shuttle bus ride away from the town.

what was the cost of shuttle bus?

was on the ship last year and it was £5 as you couldnt walk through the industrial part of the port.

clem

Was onboard same time as Bibbage & it was definitely a compulsory shuttle bus at 5 euro return. Seems like it's pot luck where the ship berths.

Bibbage

We were also on this cruise and had a great time. However, trying to get a shower in our cabin 5040 was an absolute joke - not one but two shower heads over the bath with water pouring out of both as well as the tap, what a waste of water and no way of stopping it! Some cabins apparently had just shower cubicles which would have been better and cabins on higher decks appeared to have flatscreen TVs already. New carpets were lovely but you could feel the uneven floor underneath in the corridors.

The food was good (not great but adequate and nice), entertainment was great, all staff were very friendly and helpful and it was nice to see everyone being constantly offered hand gel at all food outlets and when boarding the ship too.

Having said all that, we didn't like not having a balcony, we missed the provision of a kettle to make a cuppa early morning (although we, like many others it would appear, had taken our own) and feel the Dream was more 3* whereas other ships are more 4*-5* by comparison and also sail from UK avoiding the need for flights - the check-in for the return flight from Palma was just horrendous. The day we left the Dream, my DH along with others couldn't help but overhear several people around Sirens pool using foul language quite loudly. One lady also used the F word at me one evening soon after we arrived on the ship because she wanted all the curtains drawn back and nobody else did; I wouldn't let her touch the curtain behind where we were sitting and the crew didn't want them drawn back either. We don't need to hear foul language at any time, it spoils our enjoyment.

In general, yes, we did enjoy our cruise, but we shall be going back to P&O in future.

I believe that the passengers that we have met are not of the same calibre as when we first started cruising with Thomsons, seem younger and louder. I am not a snob but I like fellow passengers to respect others, I have placed a review on dream and feel Thomsons are going down hill rapid on the sort of passenger they are now getting. i am not a Queen Mary or PO cruise type person but they are cheaper than Thomson so may have to look elsewhere. kids running around picking up things from buffet with their hands then putting it back, swearing on the increase, loud people and just feel it's lost its appeal, just look in the restaurant at night! once over smart trousers and shirt/tie now jeans t shirts with rude slogans etc. :mad:

and feel the Dream was more 3* whereas other ships are more 4*-5* by comparison and also sail from UK avoiding the need for flights

Agree,but always thought of it as nothing more than a 3 *,whether the refurb changes that time will tell

the check-in for the return flight from Palma was just horrendous.

Agree with that also,akin to a cattle market.Once entering terminal checked screen for our specific check in desk.It listed 2..Asked a rep just to double check and he pointed "use any of those" which probably counted 10.Everyone with extremely long queues and total lack of orginisation.It was a case of whether you were travelling to Edingburgh,Glasgow,London,Midlands,Wales etc join any queue..A total free for all

Agree,but always thought of it as nothing more than a 3 *,whether the refurb changes that time will tell

Agree with that also,akin to a cattle market.Once entering terminal checked screen for our specific check in desk.It listed 2..Asked a rep just to double check and he pointed "use any of those" which probably counted 10.Everyone with extremely long queues and total lack of orginisation.It was a case of whether you were travelling to Edingburgh,Glasgow,London,Midlands,Wales etc join any queue..A total free for all

Jim,

sounds normal for Palma, think we got lucky as made a relatively quick check in through to security, worse was afterwards, in dept lounge itself Chaotic, best to go to your gate and hope they dont change and get youself a beer there.

deepsix

Yes it is the norm in my experience but this year seemed worse..Did what you say,once through security made our way to our gate and managed to get a seat.....then....you`ve guessed it,they changed the gate to the other side of the airport :D

deepsix

Yes it is the norm in my experience but this year seemed worse..Did what you say,once through security made our way to our gate and managed to get a seat.....then....you`ve guessed it,they changed the gate to the other side of the airport :D

Is Palma that bad?? its been a long time since i was last there and can't remember...thinking of booking the Lounge in departures:confused:

Ah yeh, Palma airport departures/arrivals :D

I am sure they do their best but in the back of my sad mind I see people in the

control room monitoring and saying "which gate shall we change next before anyone notices :)" Maybe it is a game ?

"oh yeh that is the one to **** don't like the look of that lot quick change gate numbers :eek:"

" and let us see if we can make the walk to and from the gates even longer this year "

" oh yes let us keep switching the baggage reclaim thingis that should keep us

amused "

just my thoughts :)

all good fun really and you have to go with the flow otherwise you will be stressed before or after your hols :(

happy flying all

......or take a coach holiday in uk?:rolleyes:

Stevie

Is Palma that bad?? its been a long time since i was last there and can't remember...thinking of booking the Lounge in departures:confused:

probably just depends what day/date/time you fly

make sure you check the screens as palma airport is an announcement free zone

good summary steve ;)

I remember palma was a lovely airport 20-25 years ago, its just so stressful now, you think you have plenty of time, then you get in that security queue, then buy all the wrong things in duty free because you just want to get out of the over crowded shops, then you find they have changed your gate to the otherside of the airport.......then you get on board your Thomson flight and are told we are not allowed to sell food on the way home??? :mad: I wondering if Mallorca will ever get a 2nd airport possibly in the North of the island or east. probably not needed unless they do what Almeria used to do, only open for the holiday season may - october?

Archived