Dolphins

Marinegal

We have only done it one time, in Cozumel, last August, it was a CCL excursion at Dolphinaris. It was amazing and magical, we are dorks that way. I would def say there! We got all of our pics as well as the dvd of our day. They took amazing pics of the kids. They are teen boys and they still talk about it. Just a great time.

I swam with dolphins at Chankanaab in Cozumel, on a Carnival excursion. The dolphins swim in an enclosure on the seashore, and you stand on an underwater platform while they interact with you. Loved the experience, the pictures turned out great (they're pricey, $80 for 25 on DVD) and had a great story to share with friends back home.

I swam with dolphins at Chankanaab in Cozumel, on a Carnival excursion. The dolphins swim in an enclosure on the seashore, and you stand on an underwater platform while they interact with you. Loved the experience, the pictures turned out great (they're pricey, $80 for 25 on DVD) and had a great story to share with friends back home.

I recently asked the same question on JH's facebook page, since that is the only thing my kids want to do on our upcoming Western Caribbean cruise. He and several others said Chankanaab in Cozumel was the best place for swimming with dolphins on our cruise.

Please don't swim with dolphins. Or if you do, please at least educate yourself first by watching the movie The Cove. Going to swim-with-dolphin places only encourages the slaughter of hundreds of dolphins each year in Taipei. And dolphins are way too smart and family-oriented to live their entire lives in captivity for the purpose of entertaining humans. It is cruel.

We did a swim with wild dolphins tour in Puerto Vallarta with Wildlife Adventures. It was absolutely amazing. Since seeing captive dolphins is not something we would consider enjoyable, this was fantastic. I would look for something similar in other areas as well.

Best,

Mia

We have swam with dolphins twice (once in Cozumel at Dolphin Discovery and once in Nassau on Blue Lagoon Island) but if you want a true lifetime experience..........then you need to Swim with Manatees. We did this in December and it was amazing and an experience that I will never forget

We have swam with dolphins twice (once in Cozumel at Dolphin Discovery and once in Nassau on Blue Lagoon Island) but if you want a true lifetime experience..........then you need to Swim with Manatees. We did this in December and it was amazing and an experience that I will never forget

YES this is what I was going to say!!!!!!!!!! We've been swimming w/manatees in the wild & once at Chakanaab (prob again this winter) and it was so funny - they kept trying to "upsell" us to swim with the dolphins, didn't understand why I'd never done it & had no interest. Manatees are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived