Which airport to fly into for mexico cruise?

LYNNF

Ive done both many times and honestly, I just pick whichever is cheaper at the time and has the best flight schedule. The shuttle to/from the port to either airport is relatively the same (LAX a few bucks more)...

Long Beach, LAX or Orange County. Long Beach is nice, if you can get a cheaper flight, as it is a smaller airport. Orange County is also a smaller airport but can be pricey. I have gotten cheaper flights than LAX or Long Beach though flying out of OC. You just need to look around and see.

If you're cruising the same day that you fly in, LB is your best bet. A lot closer & less traffic.

Day before, you can use LAX, traffic on the 710 can be hectic, but a lot lighter than the 405 *yes, we put "the" in front of our freeways!*

We flew into John Wayne. We love the smaller airports, easy in and out, less hassles.

Long Beach, LAX or Orange County. Long Beach is nice, if you can get a cheaper flight, as it is a smaller airport. Orange County is also a smaller airport but can be pricey. I have gotten cheaper flights than LAX or Long Beach though flying out of OC. You just need to look around and see.

FYI Orange County & John Wayne are the same airport- Santa Ana (SNA)

Archived