Best Place to Rent a Golf Cart?

Lizzzys

I'm thinking of renting a few scooters for my son & I. Will we be able to get all around the island on these? My concern will be the "sand" roads? Thanks

There are so many rough sandy roads with shells. Pretty rough, if it is windy which it is a lot of the time, sand blows onto the roads that are blacktop and that makes them very slick. Think seriously before doing it. If you own scooters and ride a lot that would be better. Otherwise for fun rent golf carts, a lot of fun from Nathan as I remember his email is nathanandlinda@tci.com

Otherwise go to Grand Turk Turks and Cascious Islands site for his email. Might not have that spelled correctly. You can rent jeeps also on the island, Just go to the island info and then car rentals.

I'm thinking of renting a few scooters for my son & I. Will we be able to get all around the island on these? My concern will be the "sand" roads? Thanks

I have rented a golf cart in the pat and had no issues and LOVED IT! My impression is that if you are not experienced scooter or motorcycle rider it may be a little rough. Roads are not the best, sand is an issue, roads are rough and bumpy in spots, and there are many "land mines" to be dodge that are left behind by free range donkeys and cows, not to mention the animals themselves. I recommend trying to get a cart. We have one reserved for our upcoming Feb cruise, party of four.

Just resvered a cart by using one of the numbers Nathan listed on his answering machine. Always leary about charging the a cc ahead of time over the phone (listed a Smith rentals $100), but last time we used him all worked out great!! I am hoping this time its the same, I have not received an email confirmation as requested, but I am thinking positive.

• 2 weeks later...

Our experience with Nathan:

We sailed on the Breeze earlier this month. I had sent Nathan several emails back in August/September about renting a golf cart but never got a response. I finally called him in early October. After a couple calls back and forth I got one rented and paid with my debit card.

After everything I had read here I was nervous but this is the one thing my hubby really wanted to do.

So we arrive in Grand Turk and walk through the port area. I am not really sure where I am to meet Nathan so I ask at the taxi stand. The guy points to a beige building waaaaaayyyy over there. He tells me Nathan will be about 1/2 a block to the left of that building.

I was crushed – I have many mobility issues and there was no way I could walk that far. The guy then calls Nathan and tells him where I am and to come in to the port and get me! Less than 5 minutes Nathan is here and we are on our way.

The golf carts are old. They are not in the best condition – the blinker on ours was broken and the engine made a strange noise. But it ran just fine. Nathan did give us a map and a couple phone numbers to call him if needed. He showed us how to operate the cart and reminded us that they drive on the Left side. We were on our way.

We had no problems at all from the cart. We drove around for about 3 hours. It had started to rain and having seen everything we wanted to we returned the cart and Nathan drove us back to the port area.

I would have no concerns, worries, and problem renting from Nathan again. If fact I am sailing with a large group next year and we have already reserved everything he had to rent. (Jeeps and carts)