Please tell me everything you can about Camp Carnival for a 2 year old and 5 year old

Littlegoo75

I have cruised on Carnival several times before, so I know all about crusing, and I know all about Carnival. what I do not know though, is anything about Camp Carnival. We did cruise with our son once, when he was 11 months old, so too young for Camp Carnival, and although we had a great time, we didn't have a lot of freedom because we had to take him everywhere with us.

So, fast foward and now our son is 4, and we have a baby daughter who will turn 2 next April. We can't wait to cruise again, and I heard that kids can start going to Camp Carnival at age 2. Our whole cruise in contingent upon this, as it will be too much work to be a true vacation if we can't utilize C.C.

SO, here are my questions....

Are the 2 year olds able to go into Camp Carnival full time, or is it only a part time basis for the little ones?

What do they do if your child is not potty trained?

Do they page you if your child cries, and then you have to come get them right away, or do they do what they can to console your child?

What are the general Camp Carnival hours?

Is Camp Carnival open while the ship is in port?

If you take a shore excursion, is your child able to stay in Camp Carnival while you go on land (we're not sure we want to take the kids on shore in Jamaica).

Any advice or other valuable information you can share?

Thanks!!

You will be very please with Camp Carnival. Your 2 yo will be able to attend camp full time during operating hours. Fees are applied after 10 pm. Dont worry about not being potty trained. Bring diapers to camp. Yes, they will give you a pager just in case they need you. Our kids loved camp. You will be able to enjoy your cruise with hubby dont worry. Go over to the famiy board here on the cruise critic website if you want more detailed information about CC. My opinion...it is great. Even if your kids have a hard time adjusting they will work with them. Plenty of activities.

Hoping you have ADOBE.

try clicking on this link. It has samples for the 2-5 year olds. Let me know if it works

icon1.gifcarnival_campcarnival_7day_2-5yrs.pdf

Camp Carnival

2-5 years old

6-8 years old

9-11 years old

Circle "C"

12-14 years old

Club 02

15-17 years old

Carnival's Youth Programs are year-round, fleet wide programs that provide daily fun filled and age appropriate activities for children and teenagers between the ages of 2 and 17 years old. In addition, there is supervised "free play" and Night Owls services for those children 11 years and under. Camp Carnival is not a ‘Day-Care’. Carnival's Youth Programs have been designed so that families are able to enjoy "quality family time" together, and yet also have the option of being with peers of their own age.

Age Policy

Carnival’s policy is to group children together according to their age. Carnival's Youth Program age policies are in place so that we can provide participants with age appropriate activities and so they can mingle with other minors of similar age. The age is determined according to the child’s birth date which is provided from documentation received at embarkation.

A child cannot be moved to another age group as it is a strict policy set by Carnival and cannot be deviated from, regardless of the situation, such as moving into a camp of different age range so the child can be with a family member. There are many times that the different age groups are together so that those families with children in separate groups can be accommodated.

Carnival reserves the right to change the groups' age limits and to deny admission to a child for unruly behavior and/or the child's or guardian's violation of a Carnival or Youth Programs policy. Children under 2 years are not allowed to participate in the regular Camp Carnival Program. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Pre-Registration Online

Families that book their cruise can now pre-register online before they arrive on board for Youth Programs.

Once the guest has completed the Quick Check-In (FunPass), there will be a link that will enable them to pre-register for Youth Programs. By pre-registering, kids will be able to participate in the program once they arrive on board.

The deadline to register online is 72 hours prior to the departure date. A message will appear letting the guests know that the pre-registration time has ended and that they must register on board. The Pre-Registration will only allow for children who are between 2 and 17 years of age to register. Note: The under-2 year olds will have to complete the registration process on board in order to take advantage of the Under-2 services (fees apply).

Youth Programs Orientation

The Youth Programs Orientation is held by the Youth Director to give the parents as well as the children/teens a chance to become familiar with the activity based program, policies and procedures. The parents and children/teens also get the opportunity to meet the Youth Staff and Teen Directors in their child’s age group as well as meet perspective friends. The Orientation takes place the first night of the cruise. Time and place is listed in the Carnival Fun Times - ships may vary due to itineraries.

Youth Staff

Staffing depends on the ship capacity, the itinerary and the time of year.

All of Carnival's Youth Staff have to meet important educational and professional requirements, as well as pass an extensive background check. All Youth Staff is either college educated in education, child psychology or youth recreation - OR - has extensive professional experience with children, such as teaching, coaching or daycare.

The Youth Staff is international and all are certified in CPR and are able to provide basic first aid. Additionally, should there be a medical emergency, all Youth Staff are instructed to contact the parents immediately as well as the shipboard Medical Center.

Leaving Children On Board While In Port

If parents decide to leave their children in the care of the Youth Staff while in port, we ask that parents show their tour ticket to the Youth Staff so in case of emergency, the Youth Staff can contact the appropriate Tour Operator who will inform the parents to return to the ship. For non-Carnival tours, the Youth Staff will not have a way to contact the guests in case of emergency.

Our Son has been going to the camp on all the ships since he was 3, he is a happy kid who like activities and to play so he spends a ton of time there day and night other than dinner and maybe an hour of pool time.

Our daughter now 16 has been going since 4 and always like going, its tough 1st day or so but then falls into the routine.

If our kids dd not like camp so much we would not be as big of fans of cruises as we are because it is like an actual vacation and we get adult time

The good news is your 2 and 5 year old will be in the same group. :D

The bad news is your 2 and 5 Year old will be in the same group. :rolleyes: my son was 5 on our last cruise and in Kindergarten. His interests were way different than kids that are 2 and 3. All the activites had to be acceptable for 2 yr olds as well as kids in school and that is kinda hard. DS did enjoy alot of activities though, but a lot of times they were watching tv or playing individually by theirself.

On our next cruise DS will be 6 so in the 6-8 age group.

They will call you if your 2 yr old is upset, or at least they called me when DS was 2 and was crying. He was only there about 10 minutes before they called me to come pick him up. They did say I could bring him back another time to try again, but we never did. If your kids are together, that should definitely be comforting to your 2 yr old.

It is a lovely thing to be able to utilize Camp Carnival. OP, I would say it really depends on a few things. If your daugher is OK with strangers and doesn't freak out when you leave her at something like daycare or babysitters, than she will probably be OK...can't tell how many times I have seen parents try to drop their kids off and they start freaking out...CC won't take them if they are upset when you drop them off...if you can't calm them down before you leave, you can't leave them there. If she gets upset later, if they can calm her within a few minutes, they will let her stay, but if not, they will have you pick her up.

As far as leaving them on the ship...I think that 2 is a bit young, but that is just me. I have left my kids on the ship but not until they were 8...I say if you are just getting off the ship and walking around you would be OK, but if getting in any kind of transportation or going on a tour, I would not leave them. Jamaica isn't always as bad as some say, there are a few all inclusives in the area you could take the kids and spend the day at so they can eat and swim and you can relax...

Enjoy and hope it goes well for you!

We just got back from the Splendor and we sent my 2 1/2 year old grandson to camp and about 45 minutes later they called. When we showed up he was still crying but one of the counslors was trying to console him. She was holding him and rocking him. He is a mama boy who has not done any day care type setting, I babysit while my daughter works. This might make a difference. The camp counslors were really good and told us to try again but we didn't. Whenever they saw him around the ship they were very friendly with, but he just wanted his mom.

Archived