Time Difference

taegan

We will be in Belize off the Carnival Liberty 8-14. Trying to figure out our time in port for excursions. We are do in port from 8am- 5pm but it looks like they are 2 hrs behind Miami time. Can anyone verify this is correct and would mean we are in port 6-3?. Also anything you would strongly recommend we do. We are family of 5 with 3 boys 17-15-13. Thanks very much for any help.

We will be in Belize off the Carnival Liberty 8-14. Trying to figure out our time in port for excursions. We are do in port from 8am- 5pm but it looks like they are 2 hrs behind Miami time. Can anyone verify this is correct and would mean we are in port 6-3?. Also anything you would strongly recommend we do. We are family of 5 with 3 boys 17-15-13. Thanks very much for any help.

That is correct.

Belize will be on CST. Carnival retains home port time (in your case EDT) throughout the cruise. The local companies such as Coral Breeze are well aware of your ship's time and adjusts their tours accordingly.

Hi, I too am trying to figure out when to book some excursions. We will be on the Legend Sept 23, 2012.

I figure if you book your tours through Carnival the time difference becomes irrelevent, but what if I am booking independantly? I want to go to the manatee encounter in Cozumel with DolphinDiscovery and the time I want is 10:00 a.m. which is 11:00 EDT. Is that 10:00 the same time as the cruise line or is it CDT? BTW, Carnival does not offer this particular excursion.

Belize and Roatan seem to be 2 hours behind EDT. Are we really getting into port at 6:00 a.m.? I'm so confused.:confused:

At 4:24 PM in Texas , it is 3:24 in Belize, while it is 4:24 on the east coast...So 2 hours difference.. Belize does not use DST...;)

If it is 4:24 pm in Texas, it is 3:24 pm in Belize, and it is 5:24 pm on East Coast. Belize is two hours behind East Coast.

Belize and Roatan seem to be 2 hours behind EDT. Are we really getting into port at 6:00 a.m.? I'm so confused.:confused:

No, according to the Carnival Cruise website, you are getting into Belize City or Roatan at 8:00. Why is this difficult?

No, according to the Carnival Cruise website, you are getting into Belize City or Roatan at 8:00. Why is this difficult?

Because that's ship time not local time. We've experienced this in many ports, luckily the private tour operators know the drill and can help out with time issues.

Maybe the question is, do they get into Belize at 8 am local time = 10 am ship's time? Or do they get into Belize at 8 am ship's = East Coast time which would be 6 am in Belize City.

I am guessing that the time given on the ship's schedule is the ship's time.

I have only been on ships that adjust their time to destination time. 8 am is therefore identical with ship and port time.

Hi, I too am trying to figure out when to book some excursions. We will be on the Legend Sept 23, 2012.

I figure if you book your tours through Carnival the time difference becomes irrelevent, but what if I am booking independantly? I want to go to the manatee encounter in Cozumel with DolphinDiscovery and the time I want is 10:00 a.m. which is 11:00 EDT. Is that 10:00 the same time as the cruise line or is it CDT? BTW, Carnival does not offer this particular excursion.

Please see post #7.

Maybe the question is, do they get into Belize at 8 am local time = 10 am ship's time? Or do they get into Belize at 8 am ship's = East Coast time which would be 6 am in Belize City.

I am guessing that the time given on the ship's schedule is the ship's time.

I have only been on ships that adjust their time to destination time. 8 am is therefore identical with ship and port time.

The published time is ship time. I've been on ships that adjust time during sailing and those that don't. I'm finding more and more they stay on the time of the embarkation port, perhaps to minimize confusion with port arrival and departure times. Read recent reviews for your ship and post a question to determine if the time is currently being adjusted.

As I posted above, if you are contracting with a local tour vendor they will know for sure.

Archived