Never been on MSC and I'm not in Yacht Club....

mosstraveltv

I'm on Divina in July - am I going to spend the entire cruise sickened at what I don't have access to because I'm not in YC? Or are there still plenty of good venues and facilities for mere mortals? :roll eyes:

I've seen the pictures that have been posted, but it isn't clear what is for YC members and what isn't...:confused:

Thanks!

I travelled on the Fantasia in March & it has a similar layout to the Divina. I also did not travel in YC but did have the opportunity to have a tour of their dedicated area.

I must say that it was very nice, consisting of a lounge area with pleasant views & a bar. They also had a concierge/reception.They also have their own dining venue.

Outside they had a dedicated pool area,with a small pool, hot tub & bar.

It was all very classy & also very relaxed. I would not turn down a cruise in that environment.

One thing is that they still have to venture out of their area for shows, shops & othersuch things.

With regards to mere mortals like us: there are plenty of great bars & entertainment venues for the majority of us in the other much larger portion of the ship.:)

Like Mousehound, I too have been on the Fantasia. The YC is a small area at the front of the sip plus their dining room at the aft. The vast majority of the ship is non YC. We were never conscious of being excluded from anywhere. The ship was so large we didn't get around to being in every bar and lounge anyway!

I would agree with what prev. posters have said. I had the option of going YC for only an extra €200 euros (due to the drink package we had for 2adults and 2kids) but decided to stick with what we had. As Amomondo said YC is only a very small part of the ship and it is a very large ship!!!

Great, thanks for allaying my fears all!

Yes, do not worry. We have been on MSC non Yacht club and if you didn't know it was there, you would miss nothing. Just like on Norwegian and the Haven Suites, yes there are special venues and such for those people but the majority of the ship is for everyone.

You will have a great time.

Enjoy!:)

Archived