scuba at Paradise Beach ????

oldmedic

are there facilities for scuba diving available at Paradise Beach? If so, can you tell me about them, if not where is the closest place to PB to do a shore dive and how would you compare the dive there to Chakanaab park? We will have a grop of mixed(certified divers/snorkelers/ and some that want to try intro to scuba) We have dove Chakanaab three times and are looking for another site that can accomidate all of our group. We are also looking forward to sunning and laying on the beach and drinking cold beer and mixed drinks. (after the dive, of course). thanks

I can't imagine that the diving right off the beach at PB is any good. Sandy beach means poor diving/snorkeling. You will be looking for a place where the shoreline is ironstone if you want a shore dive worth your time.

I would suggest that you contact divehouse. They are the on-site dive operator at the Fiesta Americana and I think they might do discover scuba. If you could arrange that with them, then everyone could go to FA and dive/snorkel then enjoy the "beach" afterwards. There is a bar there on the beach as well as a restaurant.

FACR_021_c.jpg

Larger photo

Their website is still "under construction" but you can email them at : dive@divehouse.com

They do have dive facilities at Paradise Beach, but judging from what we saw snorkeling, it wouldn't be worth it. Would try a different dive operator as suggested by Bruce-R to try to find something everyone would enjoy.

Archived