Looking for our tour guide/company from 2008

novalab

In 2008, we sailed on CCL's Valor to Belize. I had reserved a tour with a company that took us to Altun Ha. The tour included a stop on our way back at a little Mom & Pop restaurant not far from the ruins. There, a lovely elderly couple served all of us a wonderful lunch consisting of some of the local specialties. Lunch was served on their patio & we all got hooked on Belican beer (hope I spelled that right).

I can't remember the name of their company but they had come highly recommended on this Board at that time.

I would love to find them again for our visit in April. Does anyone have an idea as to who it might be? They were part of a larger company that offered lots of excursion choices. Everyone had a great time as our guide filled us in on so much Belizian history. Would love to find them again.

Thanks for any help!

It may be Coral Breeze tours. We were on the Valor last night and I booked with them for the snorkeling with sharks and sting rays-best snorkeling of any cruise. I just looked at their web page and under "book a tour" they do offer Altun Ha. It is a great company and I have booked with them two times. Hope this is the company.

The next time I reply, I am going to do it earlier in the day-not when I am so tired and about to fall asleep at the computer. Sorry about all the mistakes-just saw another one. Wish I had been on the Valor last "night" and was on it right now. From my replies, it looks like I need to be on there for another week-long vacation. Wish I could delete replies after they have been posted.

The next time I reply, I am going to do it earlier in the day-not when I am so tired and about to fall asleep at the computer. Sorry about all the mistakes-just saw another one. Wish I had been on the Valor last "night" and was on it right now. From my replies, it looks like I need to be on there for another week-long vacation. Wish I could delete replies after they have been posted.

That's OK....we all have these kinds of moments. You can delete/edit your post as long as you catch it within the first 5-10 (?) minutes after it posts. Not real sure of the time frame for changes as I have never timed it but I sure have used the edit part alot over the years!

We were on Valor when we visited Belize back in 2008. The Coral Breeze tour you mentioned (and thank you by the way!) sounds good but ours included a stop at a little roadside converted house/restaurant for a light lunch of local foods...and that wonderful Belican beer!:p I'm not a beer person (I like the foofoo umbrella drinks much better) but, this beer was light & tasty. I am wondering if I can bring some back while on our next cruise. I'd be more than happy to check it in when we reboard the ship from this port. I'll find out about that before I buy it.

Thanks again for your help! It is very much appreciated!

That's OK....we all have these kinds of moments. You can delete/edit your post as long as you catch it within the first 5-10 (?) minutes after it posts. Not real sure of the time frame for changes as I have never timed it but I sure have used the edit part alot over the years!

We were on Valor when we visited Belize back in 2008. The Coral Breeze tour you mentioned (and thank you by the way!) sounds good but ours included a stop at a little roadside converted house/restaurant for a light lunch of local foods...and that wonderful Belican beer!:p I'm not a beer person (I like the foofoo umbrella drinks much better) but, this beer was light & tasty. I am wondering if I can bring some back while on our next cruise. I'd be more than happy to check it in when we reboard the ship from this port. I'll find out about that before I buy it.

Thanks again for your help! It is very much appreciated!

Most food stands in Belize are all small converted shacks. All will serve Stew chicken with rice and beans,

As far as the beer. Belize has only two - three brands of beer. Belikin in regular of stout and Lighthouse. Sold in bottles. You may be able to find some in cans if you get lucky. The cans cost a bit more. they also have a mini keg.

Tacklebox+2011+103.jpg

Photo from sanpedroscoop.com

The ship will hold it for you.

You can bring a small amount for personal use back to the states. Just list it on your customs declaration.

and if you are flying, you will have to check it. Beer is heavy.

Thanks for letting me know that I can edit. With Coral Breeze, we did stop at Caye Caulker for a lunch break. I felt like the stop there was just to help the locals because there isn't anything to do on the island. If you book with Coral Breeze, you will love the snorkeling with the nurse sharks and sting rays. The boat we took to the snorkeling site was very fast-I think they should have given out life jackets but they didn't. Seems like it took us about 30 minutes or longer to get there. I sure wouldn't want to be caught in a storm on their boat. Enjoy your cruise!!!:)

Most food stands in Belize are all small converted shacks. All will serve Stew chicken with rice and beans,

As far as the beer. Belize has only two - three brands of beer. Belikin in regular of stout and Lighthouse. Sold in bottles. You may be able to find some in cans if you get lucky. The cans cost a bit more. they also have a mini keg.

Tacklebox+2011+103.jpg

Photo from sanpedroscoop.com

The ship will hold it for you.

You can bring a small amount for personal use back to the states. Just list it on your customs declaration.

and if you are flying, you will have to check it. Beer is heavy.

Thank you! That is great info that I can take some Belikin Beer home! DD will not be with us on this cruise & it will be a nice gift to give her. It is the only beer that she has tried that she actually liked.

Thanks for letting me know that I can edit. With Coral Breeze, we did stop at Caye Caulker for a lunch break. I felt like the stop there was just to help the locals because there isn't anything to do on the island. If you book with Coral Breeze, you will love the snorkeling with the nurse sharks and sting rays. The boat we took to the snorkeling site was very fast-I think they should have given out life jackets but they didn't. Seems like it took us about 30 minutes or longer to get there. I sure wouldn't want to be caught in a storm on their boat. Enjoy your cruise!!!:)

Thank you! You enjoy your's too!

Archived